Neuropathy pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ86

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all.
I was diagnosed with type 1 in March 2021 and have since got my BG levels in a good place, exercise a lot and got my diet on point. And luckily have had no complications since.
Well until last month when I started getting pins & needles in my hands & feet!
Is this my nerves having been damaged from before I was diagnosed and is there anything I can do?
Does the tingling go away or sadly is it permanent?
Thanks in advance x

Hi all.
I was diagnosed with type 1 in March 2021 and have since got my BG levels in a good place, exercise a lot and got my diet on point. And luckily have had no complications since.
Well until last month when I started getting pins & needles in my hands & feet!
Is this my nerves having been damaged from before I was diagnosed and is there anything I can do?
Does the tingling go away or sadly is it permanent?
Thanks in advance x
Every problem you have doesn't have to be diabetes related 🙂 Assumption really isn't good for you either.

Perhaps a good starting point would be a phone call/email to GP and ask for blood tests. It could be something as simple as a lack of iron or B12. Both easily fixed.

Welcome @MJ86 🙂 A relative (without diabetes) had similar and it was due to vitamin deficiencies. It would be unusual to develop complications after so short a time. It could be vitamin deficiencies, a trapped nerve - any number of things.

@Pumper_Sue is right that you should speak to your GP so they can give you a check-over and hopefully find a solution for you.

Welcome @MJ86 🙂 A relative (without diabetes) had similar and it was due to vitamin deficiencies. It would be unusual to develop complications after so short a time. It could be vitamin deficiencies, a trapped nerve - any number of things.

@Pumper_Sue is right that you should speak to your GP so they can give you a check-over and hopefully find a solution for you.
Thanks both for your kind responses. Will definitely contact my GP tomorrow.

Welcome to the forum @MJ86

It does sound unlikely to be related to your diabetes after so short a time, and with having quickly got your BGs into a good place.

Hopefully a chat with your GP / DSN will be reassuring.

Hello! I have had a lifetime of Type I diabetes (a whole life sentence actually). In that time I have attended numerous clinics and at least three support groups. Type I comes on quickly (typically 5 - 6 weeks so in that time scale it would be incredibly unlikely for any complications to develop. By comparison the diagnosis of Type II can take years with raised BGs much of the time. This is why many Type IIs develop complications in a relatively short timescale. Also many sadly do not take the condition seriously!

You need to see your GP urgently as there are potentilly a hundred possible causes from a some vitamin deficiency through to MS. Let us know what your GP's response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back