Neuropathy pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezza1970

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just a quick Hi de HI to all .. Wondered if anyone has any advice or tips on helping ease Neuropathy in feet ... It's relentless ...especially night :-(

Hi Kezza i suffer from exactly the same, i went to the doctors gave me a small dose of Amitriptyline although its an anti depressant its such a small dose an believe me it really works, so you might try that.

Oooo Nice Lammy ;-) Yes Dr is working with me but no joy as of yet ... I may mention Amitriptyline ... She has me on Duloxatine at moment but going to see her Tuesday as it doesn't seem to be helping ... I can handle the Diabetes but my poor feet :-( Thanks for reply 🙂

Hi @Kezza1970, sorry the Neuropathy is giving you grief.:( It can be very painful as in moi, my feet are 24 hours a day, I also take Duloxetine 60mg together with Gabapentin 2700mg a day. It may take quite a while to kick in but it does help, night time is nightmare time please make sure your feet are kept warm in bed and during the day. I wear bed socks and have a Hypothermic blanket to cover my lower legs and feet which also helps, make sure your feet are cleaned every day and moisturised, do not use cream of any sorts between your toes. Don`t walk around without foot wear it will damage your feet, I have my feet checked twice a year at the local hospital and pay to have my toe nails cut every six weeks, which is also an opportunity to have them visually checked again. Please take care of your feet I have already fractured my right foot this year because I stubbed my big toe on a step, didn`t feel a thing next day in A&E fracture clinic three bones fractured. As a T1 diabetic you need to keep your blood sugars under control which really does help, please take care, hope this helps. P.S the blanket came from the hospital.

I take the supplement alpha lipoic acid... And it certainly helps as I know when I have run out because I have forgotten to order...

CBD oil is worth a try, because it doesn’t put your brain in a different dimension like amitryptiline. Use a higher strength, around 15%, three drops under the tongue. If you buy from Amazon, make sure it’s a British supplier. Works a treat for my motor neuropathy symptoms.🙂

Thanks for that @mikeyB, I was hoping you would comment on this thread.

Thanks guys .... Yes going to get some CBD oil when I can ... It sure is a bugger when it starts playing up ... Hey ho .... Hopefully it will all sort out once I am used to all this 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back