Neuropathy pain on feet and legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfree

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am having terrible pain in my feet and lower legs. I haven't lost any sensation. My gp has prescribed Duloxetine. Does anyone have this problem? If so please can you tell me if you take any medication, for neuropathy, and if it works for you.

I use to get the sensation of electrocution in my feet and legs. It was hell. It went on its own after a year or so.

Yes am type 2, was on meds which really worked but have had to stop due to other conditions so now back with symptoms in feet and hands. The meds you mention are good for nerve pain so hope they help you.

Yes am type 2, was on meds which really worked but have had to stop due to other conditions so now back with symptoms in feet and hands. The meds you mention are good for nerve pain so hope they help you.
Please could you tell me which meds worked for you.

Please could you tell me which meds worked for you.

Amitriptyline but not until in a very high dose and gabapentin but they seem to be taking everyone off now as is a opioid. Trazodone helped in the past too, both drugs I believe work like the one you’re on, are you on the highest dose yet? Might be the dose needs changing rather than a new drug.

Whilst pre-diabetic and for the first few months of having T2 I really suffered with neuropathy in my feet, agrevated by being on my feet most of the day at work and the fact I'm a keen hiker.
Since getting my numbers down, it seems to have cleared up 90% of the time, only coming back after I've either a hectic day at work or to much walking in my lesure time but will be gone within a day or two.

So sorry to hear about the pains you have been getting in your feet and lower legs @spiritfree :(

Hope the duloxetine helps you. Have you started taking it yet?

I sufferd like you for many years. I was prescribed Gabapentin which worked up to a point. With my GP's permission I have now added Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) Type R and it seemed to have completely gone'

Hope you Duluxatine works for you because the pain is crippeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back