neuropathy in my feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

traceycat

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
i went for my appointment to prodiatrist on thursday. got all the test done and i couldnt feel the one were they scatch the back of your toes and feet so had to go to my doctors on friday, she said i have nerve damage in both my feet which she thinks has probley been getting worse over the years as ive had problems for about 7yrs now, she put me on tablets which i have to take one each night, she said they might not do any good but ive to try them for 4wks to see how i get on then ill be sent to see someone else.
because i have the diabetes an b12 defenency she told me its a combination of both that has caused it. is anyone else on tablets for nerve damage and have they worked for you? xxx

There are a few people who have tablets for nerve damage here, I'll give this a little push to give more people a chance to see it and help if they can.

Hi tracey, I take gabapentin for my "transient" nueropathy. In fact, I'm due one now *pops away* ok, back. I've been on mine since november, had a bit of a break from them to try something else but it didn't work. I have to say, either the tablets are working or my nueropathy is getting better (like my doc said it would).

Mine is down to sheer stupidity and years of rebellion however. But since literally squeezing my control for all its worth it seems to be getting better. I just keep an extra close eye on my feet at the moment, look after wounds and visit the ole doc if anything looks offish. I have an appointment on tuesday funnily enough for the exact thing - noticing some funny stuff going on with my heels.

I'm sure I don't need to remind you, but keep an eye on the ole tootsies. If you're getting any pain then you may find its worse at night, and they'll be sensitive in the morning (my sensitivity in the morning is currently only on my right big toe...before it used to be everywhere :confused:)

Good luck, and let us know how you get on with it. If you have any questions or just need an ear feel free to PM 🙂

Hi i have mild neuropathy, mainly constand pins and needles so am on tablets, my gp said to take 1 per day for 1 week then increase to 2 if needed but 1 has just taken the edge off it.
Hope you get it all sorted.

Julie x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back