Neuropathy in Legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flower3333

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello

Has anyone got Neuropathy in their legs?

I’m 48 years old and I’ve was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when I was 10 years old. My control has generally always been ok.

I’ve got to the stage where my legs just don’t want to move and I’m very wobbly. I walk between 10 to 20 miles per week when taking my daughter to and from school. I seem to be getting slower and slower. I don’t know whether it’s due to me getting older or my diabetes. My feet seem to be ok.

Hello

Has anyone got Neuropathy in their legs?

I’m 48 years old and I’ve was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when I was 10 years old. My control has generally always been ok.

I’ve got to the stage where my legs just don’t want to move and I’m very wobbly. I walk between 10 to 20 miles per week when taking my daughter to and from school. I seem to be getting slower and slower. I don’t know whether it’s due to me getting older or my diabetes. My feet seem to be ok.
That does not sound like neuropathy, please go and speak to your GP.
I wouldn't mind betting he will check you for anaemia and thyroid problems if not done recently.

Last edited:
If your issue does transpire to be neuropathy, have a look into R-ALA (only the R variant of the Alpha Lipioc Acid).

R-ALA is prescribed for neuropathy in Germany, amongst other places.

I took it for a few months to try to help with post-surgical neuropathy in my ribcage. My pain significantly reduced, but that could also just have been the passage of time. Bone can takes a LONG time to heal.

I also have a friend who has been using it for a few years now. She has post-chemo neuropathy in her feet. If she stops the R-ALA her pain comes back.

Like anything, it doesn't help everyone, but I tried it because I didn't fancy the hefty painkillers offered as the more usual treatment.

Hope you get to the bottom of whatever is causing your symptoms @Flower3333

Let us know what you find out.

Just to let everyone know that I’ve been diagnosed with Hydrocephalus. I believe I’ve got the adult version which is normal pressure hydrocephalus. I didn’t have any cranial pressure when the hospital checked my eyes and I’m not getting headaches.

I’ve been referred to the John Radcliffe hospital in Oxford as my MRI picked up other issues with my brain. My appointment is in October. I’m now finding it extremely difficult to walk and I just want to sleep the whole time.

Just to let everyone know that I’ve been diagnosed with Hydrocephalus. I believe I’ve got the adult version which is normal pressure hydrocephalus. I didn’t have any cranial pressure when the hospital checked my eyes and I’m not getting headaches.

I’ve been referred to the John Radcliffe hospital in Oxford as my MRI picked up other issues with my brain. My appointment is in October. I’m now finding it extremely difficult to walk and I just want to sleep the whole time.
Thank you for letting us know what is going on (((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) Hopefully something can now be done to help you on a road to recovery or a treatment that suits your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back