Neuropathy getting worse but levels good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdw32

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi joined to ask a question I couldn't get a good answer by googling.

My neuropathy is getting worse particularly my hands despite my levels being quite good. I test my blood three times a day. I have type 2 I don't smoke or drink. I take 6 X 500mg Metformin a day and 1 gliclazide. I will be seeing my diabetic nurse in a couple of weeks, in the meantime.....

Any one got suggestions or pointers?

Many thanks in advance

Hi joined to ask a question I couldn't get a good answer by googling.

My neuropathy is getting worse particularly my hands despite my levels being quite good. I test my blood three times a day. I have type 2 I don't smoke or drink. I take 6 X 500mg Metformin a day and 1 gliclazide. I will be seeing my diabetic nurse in a couple of weeks, in the meantime.....

Any one got suggestions or pointers?

Many thanks in advance
There are some mediations that ca help with neuropathy which you could ask your doctor about.
I thought the max dose of metformin was 2000mg daily.
What are your blood glucose levels, have they dropped quite rapidly as that can cause some nerve problems.

Hi thanks for replying. I think you might have helped me here. I was getting really high levels especially in the morning and got my normal Metformin dosage doubled. That was early last year. This year so far I've not been higher than 14 or lower than 3.5. I have generally been around 5 to 9.

I'll definitely be discussing this with the GP. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back