Neurology appointment and thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Thank you to everyone who has commented on my recent posts - I'm sorry that I don't reply to all of them but I struggle to keep up with them due to my health.
I had the neurology telephone appointment today. He wanted to be positive and not a doomsayer (I think that was the word he used 🙂 ). He reassured me because the brain CT was clear in the summer but he has recommended that I have another MRI even though my last one in February 2018 was clear. He said he wants to certain nothing neuro-degeerative, MS or a small tumour is developing. he alsp wanted to check that theres no inflammation in the brain Hopefully the MRI will be clear and he will then continue on the basis that all of my issues are migrainous in nature. However he said that there is nothing that he can do to increase my migraine medication because of all of the other medications I am on and possible interactions, and may start to reduce them, but will wait for the MRI results first.
This was the first time that he raised concern that it could be something other than the migraines.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good appointment from a doctor with great bedside manner. I hope it’s “just” migraines @AJLang.

My neurology appointment last week was in Liverpool, face to face but with full Covid precautions, masks and rubber gloves worn by the consultant and nurse. When I was stripped down to the breeks, I was almost expecting the whips coming out. The consultant (female) had a great bedside manner, but more importantly, neurologists like to see a patient move around to make a proper assessment.

My neurology appointment last week was in Liverpool, face to face but with full Covid precautions, masks and rubber gloves worn by the consultant and nurse. When I was stripped down to the breeks, I was almost expecting the whips coming out. The consultant (female) had a great bedside manner, but more importantly, neurologists like to see a patient move around to make a proper assessment.
Unfortunately Mike I haven’t been able to have a face-to-face appointment with him since the first lockdown which is frustrating.

Unfortunately Mike I haven’t been able to have a face-to-face appointment with him since the first lockdown which is frustrating.
Your lucky you even have a phone consult. I haven't been seen for almost 4 years and had one phone call on a very bad line this January.

I think my consultant likes to see me because she probably only will have one, or at the most two patients with PLS during her career. I think that trumps the microscopic chance of catching Covid. For sure, it’s not my urbane charm that makes her want to see me at least once a year.

Your lucky you even have a phone consult. I haven't been seen for almost 4 years and had one phone call on a very bad line this January.
I’m really sorry that you’re being treated that badly.

I think my consultant likes to see me because she probably only will have one, or at the most two patients with PLS during her career. I think that trumps the microscopic chance of catching Covid. For sure, it’s not my urbane charm that makes her want to see me at least once a year.
I’m sure they only want to see you for your charm 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back