Needle issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash32187

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I was wondering if anyone else uses braun, omnican 4mm, 32 guage, needles, and if so are you experiencing manufacturer issues meaning a delay in your prescriptions?

I ordered a prescription 3 weeks ago and my pharmacy still have no stock of them available stating manufacturer issues. I have spares thankfully, but was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

I was wondering if anyone else uses braun, omnican 4mm, 32 guage, needles, and if so are you experiencing manufacturer issues meaning a delay in your prescriptions?

I ordered a prescription 3 weeks ago and my pharmacy still have no stock of them available stating manufacturer issues. I have spares thankfully, but was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
Do you have those needles prescribed by brand for a particular reason? (i.e, you get on well with them etc) . My prescription just says 'Hypodermic insulin needles for reusable pen injectors screw on 4mm/32 gauge' then the pharmacist can substitute any other brand, if the one I usually have isn’t available.
The other thing is, have you contacted the manufacturer to check? Sometimes, pharmacies use the excuse of 'manufacturing issues' when they actually mean, we've cocked up our ordering system!

Never really questioned that before, as I have always had specific brands on my repeat prescriptions. Having it prescribed the way you have described it sounds a lot easier, otherwise I have to ring my GP to order me a different brand of needles and getting through to them is a disaster.

I haven't contacted them but might get in touch to see if there is actually an issue or whether it is indeed my pharmacy.

Thank you for replying!

Your other option is to ring round other pharmacies in your area and see if they have any in stock. If you locate some, ask them to hold them for you and get your prescription from the original pharmacy and take it to the one that can supply you.... which you are perfectly entitled to do. As mentioned, it is usually a cock up with the pharmacies ordering or their supplier/warehouse rather than a manufacturing issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back