Needing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacinta (Australian)

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hey guys its been ages , I need help to lowering my blood sugars , I did fall off the band wagon not for long but I need advice to help going back , I’m still on metformin but I really want to go back and into remission , I know stress has put my blood sugars up especially since I’ve gone back into studying again . But I just need help . Please and thankyou

A healthy diet of nutritious food. Meanwhile have a look at the highly rated meal planners on this website.

Last edited:
A healthy diet of nutritious food. Meanwhile have a look at the highly rated meal planners on this website.

Here are some links to diets which may help you control your blood sugars and put your T2 into remission while reverting to a healthy weight.

Weasel words: please note these are for information. Medical advice must come from HCPs who know your condition. You are responsible for your dietary choices and well being.

Dr David Unwin
Here is a link to Dr David Unwin's low carb diet leaflet from the Public Health Collaboration website. It answers the question of what to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as giving lots of useful information:
phcuk.org/wp-content/uploads/A_5_page_low_carb_diet_leaflet_Unwin_2021-converted.pdf

Most of those diagnosed T2D at Dr Unwin's Norwood Surgery opt for diet rather than medication. Over 130 of them have gone inro remission in the past ten years. 93% of their pre-diabetic patients return to normal following the Norwood guidelines.

Dr Unwin explained the nuts & bolts of drug free T2 diabetes remission, and how he lost weight, in this presentation last year:youtube.com/watch?v=t9Nvj2lfs2Y

Zoe Harcombe
The Norwood Diet is remarkably similarl to the Harcombe Diet. After suffering various eating disorders and years of yo-yo dieting, Zoe Harcombe devised her diet to cut out cravings, lose weight, and sustain weight loss for the future. It is based on her detailed understanding of the best nutritional research. Dozens of reviews of her books on Amazon US and Amazon UK prove the diet is successful in practice.

Here is a link to my blog post of an article on the Harcome Diet with some useful added links at the end:

The Harcombe Diet: How to eat your favourite foods and still lose weight

The Harcombe Diet: How to eat your favourite foods and still lose weight By Prima Team PUBLISHED: 21 APRIL 2016 Do you dream of a weight l...
diabetes-type2-remission.blogspot.com
diabetes-type2-remission.blogspot.com

Having lost 22 kg, I am adopting the principles of this diet to ensure I don't put it all back on again.

Dr Kim Andrews
The Freshwell Low Carb project has a really clear explanation of why the lo-carb approach is good for most people, best I've seen: https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/going-low-carb/

Dr Andrews' 4 Week Meal Planners may be just what you are looking for. You can download them here: https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/resources/meal-planners/

Hi Jacinta and welcome back. I remember you used to post quite regularly a few years ago. Sorry to hear that you have fallen off the wagon a bit as you were doing really well last time you posted I believe.
Not sure what help I can give you except to go back to what worked for you before and find ways to make it more sustainable and enjoyable, but we all know that life and stress particularly, can derail us and diabetes doesn't ignore us when we take our eye off the ball. The important thing is that you have realised and want to regain your good diabetes management again. Sometimes just coming to the forum regularly is enough to keep you focused. Don't forget that exercise is also important as well as diet and will help with the stress too.

Yes I remember you used to keep us updated on your progress and were doing really well. I hope you are enjoying your studying but I suppose it takes a lot of your time.
Maybe you have time to look at this link for some ideas to make a few changes to your diet to get you back on track, https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/

Can someone tell me if your not over weight why do you need to keep exercising ? Is it to do with losing weight or something else ? I dont want to lose any more weight.

Can someone tell me if your not over weight why do you need to keep exercising ? Is it to do with losing weight or something else ? I dont want to lose any more weight.
Exercise is good for general health, your heart, and improves insulin sensitivity

I have lost weight. At the same time my metabolism has slowed and I have lost muscle mass. Exercise is the only way I know to deal with those issues.

Hey guys its been ages , I need help to lowering my blood sugars , I did fall off the band wagon not for long but I need advice to help going back , I’m still on metformin but I really want to go back and into remission , I know stress has put my blood sugars up especially since I’ve gone back into studying again . But I just need help . Please and thankyou
Hi @Jacinta (Australian), it sounds like you’ve got a lot going on at the moment- especially with starting studying again. You’ve done so well before, so I’m sure you can repeat! Personally I think a combination of healthy eating, exercise and a little help from medication (like metformin) is a good long term way to go forward. Don’t feel bad or get upset if you have a day or two off the wagon, just reset and start again the next day. You can definitely do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back