Need to ask this question about feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

The robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Hi all,hope everyone is well and enjoying this glorious weather. Ive been putting off asking this question but i could do with some advice.
Last week my heels started to become really sore and cracked. I do wear sandals a lot so I realise this can be the problem. I’ve been coating my feet in balms/creams etc . The soreness has completely gone thank heavens but the problem I have now is the shedding of skin,really shedding,like a new complete layer of skin coming through.
Ive only been diabetic type1 (3c) since last September,not had any foot checks yet so wasn’t sure wether this is related to my diabetes.
Judy

Hi! What Creams are you using, because they must contain Urea. I use Boots brand which is quite often on offer. I file, cream and put thick socks on every couple of weeks.
I cannot comment on shedding skin but Diabetes can be a serious problem for feet.... and many other body part! 😉

Hi! What Creams are you using, because they must contain Urea. I use Boots brand which is quite often on offer. I file, cream and put thick socks on every couple of weeks.
I cannot comment on shedding skin but Diabetes can be a serious problem for feet.... and many other body part! 😉
Hi ,yes I use the Asda one that contains Urea and file as and when. I often put the cream on before bed and put socks on to help it soak in .
Never had this problem of shredding so just assuming it could be related.

Sometimes fungal infections can cause peeling of the skin like that @The robin Id keep an eye on it and seek advice if necessary.

Sometimes fungal infections can cause peeling of the skin like that @The robin Id keep an eye on it and seek advice if necessary.
Thanks Inka,that was my concern, I’ll keep a close eye on it.
Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back