Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic1987

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So newly diagnosed diabetic. Hba1c was 77 on 28th january and then on 9th march its 59. Anyway my question is im struggling to find any yoghurts that i can have. What have people been having?

I shop in Lidl and buy their full fat Greek yoghurt.

I get Fage yoghurt. Most super markets sell it.

So newly diagnosed diabetic. Hba1c was 77 on 28th january and then on 9th march its 59. Anyway my question is im struggling to find any yoghurts that i can have. What have people been having?
I get Kvarg deserts, they are low carb, high protein, low fat and in various flavours or Aldi protein yoghurts, I also have full fat Greek yoghurt and add my own berries or seeds.
Avoid the low fat ones as they are higher carb or the ones with fruit puree layer or corner. Even Muller light are high carb.

HI @Nic1987 and congratulations on getting your hba1c down so well in less than 2 months. Don't go low fat on yoghurts, it's carbs we need to be careful of. On the rare occasions I eat yoghurt I go for extra creamy vanilla, any make.

I second Drummer's suggestion of Lidl Greek yogurt, it's lovely. I have it with some strawberries/ blueberries/ raspberries/ blackberries, either fresh, or defrosted from the freezer, and some walnuts or pecans. They do it in litre containers, or in 4 x 120g pots, which are handy if you want to take them in a packed lunch.

If I want to take a yoghurt travelling I add it to a sugar free jelly or some gelatine, made with only 1/2 the water. A quick whisk makes it frothy and it can then be poured into a cup or bowl and left to set. I put on a silicon cover in case anything falls on it, but it usually survives being tipped over.

I have 'Light & free' by Danone. These are fruit flavoured but quite low carb and no added sugar.

I second Drummer's suggestion of Lidl Greek yogurt, it's lovely. I have it with some strawberries/ blueberries/ raspberries/ blackberries, either fresh, or defrosted from the freezer, and some walnuts or pecans. They do it in litre containers, or in 4 x 120g pots, which are handy if you want to take them in a packed lunch.
I think Lidl plain greek yogurt has the best flavour of any greek yogurt. really mild and creamy.

I'm with @Drummer @Windy and @Mrs Mimoo with the Lidl creamy Greek style natural yoghurt. It is branded Milbona and comes in dark blue and white tubs..... the almost identical lighter blue is the low fat version which isn't nearly so good, so make sure to get the creamy one. There are a variety of size options. I buy the big 1kg tub and it lasts me a week and I have it for breakfast every morning with a few berries and mixed seeds and cinnamon but I could happily eat it just on it's own. It is thick and creamy and yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back