Need more patience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Went out for a celebration meal last night, and after the first 2 courses checked my libre, it read 4mmol, so thought I would have a pudding to bring it up a bit. Big mistake as half an hour later I was in double figures and rising !! Next time I will give the carbs on board chance to kick in , and just opt for a black coffee instead. But boy those churros were delicious
All back to normal when I got up this morning.
Martin

So your numbers went up to double figures.
It happens. As long as they didn't stay there long, I don't believe there is a big issue.
I keep telling myself that I need to look after my full body and mind. My overall health is more than the BG numbers on a graph.
If you enjoyed the churros, don't be put off having them again. They are good for your mental health.

Always tricky when you know you have carbs already on board, but they seem to have got distracted and not actually started to break themselves down yet.

Low-range BGs (low 4s) just at the start of a meal are a fairly common current challenge for me. And I often seem to get the guess wrong (in either direction) and end up delaying too much of the insulin dose to allow a bit of wiggle room, or thinking ‘it will be fine‘ and then need to chug Lucozade half way through the meal 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back