Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glen28

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Glen28: type 1 since 2006, insulin dependant, also on Glucophage, out of control right now and need any help night can get to have this controlled, it's been affecting me drastically, blurry vision at times, rapid weight loss, seriously affecting my sex life.
Need help

Glen28: type 1 since 2006, insulin dependant, also on Glucophage, out of control right now and need any help night can get to have this controlled, it's been affecting me drastically, blurry vision at times, rapid weight loss, seriously affecting my sex life.
Need help
Welcome to the forum
You may be better to start a new thread so it doesn't get lost in something unrelated.

Sorry to hear you’ve been having a difficult time @glen28

How have your BGs levels been recently? Have you been given help to balance your mealtime carbohydrates with the insulin you take (like a course such as DAFNE)?

Hope you are getting help and support with the complications you have been experiencing.

Hi Glen and welcome from me too.

Can you tell us a bit about your insulin regime? ie. Which insulin(s) you use and what sort of doses and when do you inject them or do you have an insulin pump to administer your insulin?
Do you have a Freestyle Libre sensor for your arm or other CGM sensor to track your levels or are you relying on finger pricks?

When you say that things are out of control, can you explain what you mean? Is it that your BG levels are very high or is it the complications which you are experiencing? The most important thing to prevent any further damage to your system and reduce the risk of those complications getting worse or possible reverse some of the damage, is to get your BG levels under control and we should certainly be able to help you with that if you can give us more information, but you do need to talk to your GP or consultant about the issues you are experiencing, so that they can also give you support.
If your levels are very high, have you tested for Ketones? Sometimes that involves dipping a sample of urine with a test stick or some people have special blood ketone test strips for their BG meter.

You mention that you are on Glucophage which is usually a Type 2 medication, but can be used for Type 1 treatment, if people are struggling with insulin resistance. Have you had problems with needing increasingly larger doses of insulin and your levels not coming down. You say that you are losing weight. Are you already slim and can't afford to lose anymore or would some weight loss perhaps be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back