Need advice quick plz....

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_G

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The past couple days my levels have been all over the place (mostly high) due to this icky cold i seemed to have picked up!

Well i woke up today to a 8mmols and didnt feel like eating anything as im feelin a little sick, so walked to work and checked levels again around 9am and it had risen to 10mmols. i so i am feeling like crap, and must look it too coz as soon as i got into work i got sent home!

So i am home now and just checked my levels again which are now 11.7 :(

I really want to go to bed but will my levels continue to rise? or was it just a meter innaccuracy? i really dont feel like eating anything and dont want to give myself a correction before i go to bed incase i hypo...

I dont knnow what to do :(

Sounds like you are sickening for something and levels will keep going up if you dont correct them. Do a tentative correction and set your alarm for 1 hour and re-test and do the same again if levels are no lower. I know your tired - but dont just go to sleep or you may find your levels are off the scale when you wake up. Test, correct, test, correct etc etc - hope you feel better soon.🙂Bev

The rising levels could be because you're ill, or because you havenlt eaten, or a combination of the two!
If it were me I'd probably try to just eat, or drink if necessary, something small to try to eliminate that issue and correct at the same time, maybe slightly smaller correction if worried about hypos.
Of course this is just me, not advice. Do you have sick day rules from your dsn? If not, it might be worth trying to contact a dsn for advice, particularly as it's nearly the weekend when you might struggle to get hold of anyone.

Thanks for the quick responses 🙂

I think im gonna stay awake just for a couple of hours to maybe see what my sugars are doing....then correct if needed and sleep, test..and so on.

Ooo Jeremy Kyle is on......😛

Thanks again

D_G

x

HI D-G, How are things now? I hope they settled down for you.

Hi all, well after a sleep and a slight correction i am back down to single figures....how long it will stay like that im not sure :(

all i have had to eat today is some nuts and a cereal bar! i dont know what is wrong with my appetite, usualy i get hungry every few hours, but today and yesterday its like i have no appetite whatsoever! maybe its best to eat low carb tonight as i suppose i shud eat something??

Glad things are sorting out. I'd advise a light meal, something like some soup and a bit of fruit just to help keep things ticking over.

Thanks, well i had no soup so went for a prawn salad....which when i checked 3 hours later had taken me up to 9mmols!! hardly any carbs consumed so very annoyed with that! 4 hours later my flatmate comes home, and when she found out what i had to eat today she insisted on making me something 🙄 i agreed to something light so she made me a luuuvly omelette with 1 piece toast (which i bolused for) so lets hope i wake up in range tomoro and start to feel better 🙂

hope you're feeling better this morning, and that your levels are getting back towards normal.

I was diagnosed in April, and it has to be said that the couple of colds i've had have really knocked the numbers all over the place...

R
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back