Need advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone
Just some advice please. Last night I was feeling a bit off. Once I was in bed I started to shiver. My whole body was shaking and my teeth were chattering. I took some paracetamol asbi thought it was the beginning of the flu. The shivering lasted for about an hour. Then I was sweating. I woke up this morning absolutely fine. I am not on medication. I have lost 7 pounds so far. However I did have a lot of carbs on Saturday and a slice of chocolate cake. I am concerned the symptoms came from the carbs and cake. Thanks for your time.

Hi @Hunny I don’t think carbs/cake would cause shivering. It has got a lot colder and I was shivering in bed too the other night, so perhaps it’s simply the temperature change. There are also some nasty colds around so just look after yourself and see how you go. If you continue to feel fine then that’s great news.

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience @Hunny :(

As you aren’t on medication the palpitations / sweating seem unlikely to be related to blood glucose variation.

Do you have a BG meter at home? It might be useful to be able to check your levels if it happens again, just to out your mind at rest that it isn’t related to your blood glucose / diabetes. Many folks on the forum who need to self fund a home BG meter choose either the SD Gluco Navii or the Spirit Tee2 - which both have test strips at around £8 for 50.

Hope you are feeling much better now 🙂

Hi everyone
Just some advice please. Last night I was feeling a bit off. Once I was in bed I started to shiver. My whole body was shaking and my teeth were chattering. I took some paracetamol asbi thought it was the beginning of the flu. The shivering lasted for about an hour. Then I was sweating. I woke up this morning absolutely fine. I am not on medication. I have lost 7 pounds so far. However I did have a lot of carbs on Saturday and a slice of chocolate cake. I am concerned the symptoms came from the carbs and cake. Thanks for your time.
Had you had your flu or covid jabs recently? Could have been a reaction if so but otherwise probably just a bit under the weather or it was cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back