Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayshiftin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
I have bad genes.
well must have been left with all the bad ones.
Got lots of miseries.
I have non alcoholic fatty liver disease
Type 2diabetes
arthritis
All make me feel not good.
All food and weight related.
Feeling so fed up.
Bloods come back okay but HbA1c up to 59 so heading in wrong direction.
Im so fed up on s diet feeling sore and well sun is shining and all i want to do is sleep but bed makes me too sore. So no joy there either.
Rant over….. just need to somedays.

You're amongst virtual friends @Nayshiftin. At times we all feel like this now and again. I'm just so pleased you can share how you're feeling in this space. Don't forget our helpline is open until 6pm tonight if you need someone to listen to you over the phone.

You're amongst virtual friends @Nayshiftin. At times we all feel like this now and again. I'm just so pleased you can share how you're feeling in this space. Don't forget our helpline is open until 6pm tonight if you need someone to listen to you over the phone.
Thank you

@Nayshiftin - a good place to rant and a rant will make you feel better - hope it did.
It's a lot to live with but the way I see it (on the harder/darker days) is at least we know. We may not always be in control of ourselves but imagine how much worse damage we may do if undiagnosed. I think many people here suffer from multiple conditions. I have 3 other chronic conditions which affect me physically/mentally and the way I can live life. There are hard days --- but people here have you. So rant, release and try to focus on something which will make you feel a little more positive if you can.

@Nayshiftin - carry on and rant here all you like, as well as D, I also have NAFLD, diagnosed with that before the D, whilst I have managed in the 7 years or so since diagnosis of D to lose over 4 stone in total, I still have weight to lose and during that period have yo-yo dieted with the same 2 stone, where I get fed up with always eating differently, to the rest of my family, it takes it toll on my mental health as well, my last HbA1c was back in the 60s again.

Please please please remember we are all here to support you, and ranting and letting it out is better than bottling it up.

I wish I had something more constructive to say or give you an idea to get past this tough period, but as a fellow struggler, i am happy to support and chat about the daily struggles that sometimes seem too much and other times don’t seem to faze us at all.

Hugs to you @Nayshiftin

Hope it helped to offload your worries and frustrations.

Hope you get a chance to walk in the sunshine this weekend. Or even in the rain!

Sending you a hug @Nayshiftin and hope off loading helps, diabetes is so cruel, had three new issues diagnosed recently so am licking my wounds and so grateful we have this space to chat and offload and so glad you could vent to us all.

Thinking of you x

I’m a great believer in venting. It really helps me when I do it and it helps when I read others doing the same. I guess it reminds us all that we’re only human and doing the best we can. Keep venting when you feel like it.

Sorry to jump on your post but being newly diagnosed (Jan 24) I am finding that it is becoming all consuming. It’s the first thing I think of in the morning right the way through to bedtime. I am to scared to eat anything and am constantly counting carbs and calories. I feel that the GP gave me this diagnosis told me about going blind, losing limbs and heart failure and that was it, apart from wanting me to take loads of medication. They want to see me in three months to redo my bloods.
I have done so much research and bought my own monitor but nothing from any medical people all they seem to do is give you all the problems you are going to have.

Sorry to jump on your post but being newly diagnosed (Jan 24) I am finding that it is becoming all consuming. It’s the first thing I think of in the morning right the way through to bedtime. I am to scared to eat anything and am constantly counting carbs and calories. I feel that the GP gave me this diagnosis told me about going blind, losing limbs and heart failure and that was it, apart from wanting me to take loads of medication. They want to see me in three months to redo my bloods.
I have done so much research and bought my own monitor but nothing from any medical people all they seem to do is give you all the problems you are going to have.
I feel your pain, I too find it all consuming and it's affecting my mental health. I no longer cook food ( my hubby does it ) as I hate food. GP has never focused on the positive either, it's all doom and gloom from him. I appear to be ranting now, it must be in the air

You are still quite new to all this but looking at your other thread you are lucky that your GP has given you a chance to make dietary changes before putting you on medication as they may be considered remiss if they have not and things went awry.
Making some gradual changes and as you have a monitor you can check out your meals as that will not only tell you what it is not wise to eat but what you can eat with a reasonable degree of safety and that is important in finding a strategy that is enjoyable and sustainable. Focus on the carbs rather than calories otherwise it can become too onerous, tackle one thing at a time and as it is carbs which convert to glucose that (to my mind) is the priority.
Do have a look around the forum for the various suggestions for meals and places to find recipes. This link has plenty for low carb to suit various tastes https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/
Cooking in bulk and freezing portions for home made ready meals can help and keeping the fridge stocked with cooked meats, cheese, salads for easy lunches, tins of tuna, eggs are handy. High meat content sausages are low carb as is meat and fish, so adding loads of veg or salads will make tasty meals.
Testing before you eat and after 2 hours will tell you your meal is OK if the increase is no more than 2-3mmol/l.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back