NEC Care On line Portal - text messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodee

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just wondering if any one has had these.

I had my eye screening in June. But have only this week received the text message about the portal. Txt From Screening.

Then I had a separate text from a phone number ending 6208001 with no other ID except this "saying please reply with your email address only to get notifications from our new secure portal and see your future screening letters and manage appointments online. "

I am guessing the two separate text are connected but wanted to run it by people here for further enlightenment 🙂

Appreciate any input, Many thanks

Edit : I have just searched the telephone number in full and it is coming up as likely scammers one does wonder how they managed to send same date time as the Nec Care screen text and the content of the 'scam contains same subject!

Last edited:
I had my Eye Screening in April and got my letter with result in a letter within a week as usual. result also appears on NHS app, but a bit later.

Sorry to hear about this @Jodee

Particularly that you think it might have been a scam contact :(

Is there any way you can follow this up with the screening service - especially as there seemed to be some overlap (or possibly just an unlucky coincidence?).

I think it isn’t a scam and believe it is genuine from the eye screening but that it’s just a genuinely terrible implementation method of the new online portal

The actual portal is here, I’m not due an appointment till December so haven’t seen if my letter comes through there yet

Attachments

• IMG_9207.png
    IMG_9207.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 2
Just wondering if any one has had these.

I had my eye screening in June. But have only this week received the text message about the portal. Txt From Screening.

Then I had a separate text from a phone number ending 6208001 with no other ID except this "saying please reply with your email address only to get notifications from our new secure portal and see your future screening letters and manage appointments online. "

I am guessing the two separate text are connected but wanted to run it by people here for further enlightenment 🙂

Appreciate any input, Many thanks

Edit : I have just searched the telephone number in full and it is coming up as likely scammers one does wonder how they managed to send same date time as the Nec Care screen text and the content of the 'scam contains same subject!
Hello, I had exactly the same last Friday. I had checks & response letters at the beginning of the year.
I’ve had texts suggesting my road tax hasn’t been paid too. I tend to regard all unsolicited messages & phone calls as potential scams.
I’ve ghosted my DSN or in one case a locum with a query about my prescription before now. They never show a number? Nor leave a message. Then I find out later they tried to call.
I have to explain that, “an unknown could be calling from your bank or suggesting I have a computer virus?” 😉

Anything phishing with a bit of leverage like “unauthorised purchase on Amazon.” I never click the link.
I check using my browser with a trusted address.

You are wise to be cautious.

I had my Eye Screening in April and got my letter with result in a letter within a week as usual. result also appears on NHS app, but a bit later.
Thanks grovesy - both txt did show a number in this case.

Sorry to hear about this @Jodee

Particularly that you think it might have been a scam contact :(

Is there any way you can follow this up with the screening service - especially as there seemed to be some overlap (or possibly just an unlucky coincidence?).
Thank you everyday, yes I will contact the service from the letter they sent me earlier, as it happens I am away again next week so it will have to wait till I get back, I will update here when I know for sure.

I think it isn’t a scam and believe it is genuine from the eye screening but that it’s just a genuinely terrible implementation method of the new online portal

The actual portal is here, I’m not due an appointment till December so haven’t seen if my letter comes through there yet

Thanks Lucy, yes I did visit the online link page, I have not yet registered though, but probably as you say its possible there needs to be an improvement in the way they communicate about the Portal as the Portal does look real. My eyescreening is not due until next June now I think, but I guess they could be wanting to hook patients up in readiness for the next result of screening, save sending out letters maybe, I know they notify GPs as well which they already do electronically.

Hello, I had exactly the same last Friday. I had checks & response letters at the beginning of the year.
I’ve had texts suggesting my road tax hasn’t been paid too. I tend to regard all unsolicited messages & phone calls as potential scams.
I’ve ghosted my DSN or in one case a locum with a query about my prescription before now. They never show a number? Nor leave a message. Then I find out later they tried to call.
I have to explain that, “an unknown could be calling from your bank or suggesting I have a computer virus?” 😉

Anything phishing with a bit of leverage like “unauthorised purchase on Amazon.” I never click the link.
I check using my browser with a trusted address.

You are wise to be cautious.

Thanks yes there are many scams online, by email and phone text for sure. I must admit I don't get many of these but a few get through occasionally hence my query, they scammers and fraudsters are getting very good at what they do and I know I have questioned a call from my bank previously saying I have know way of knowing who I am speaking to on the other end of the phone, so hung up. Only to find out when I called them from the number I looked up personally that it actually was a genuine call. But always best to be cautious I think.

Many thanks for your input everyone, I shall update again later 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back