Navvi blood glucose testing strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mynxie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I’ve recently started testing my blood sugar before and after eating but being a newbie am getting though the strips like no one’s business. When I ordered the first batch from Amazon there was a little card that gave a discount on subsequent orders. I’ve stupidly lost this card and wondered if anyone else has it as I’d like to order more.
I think I have the hang of testing now so shouldn’t get through them quite as quickly in future!

Out of interest how much do you pay for strips? I too order from Amazon at £13.98 for 100 and wonder if your supplier with discount would be any cheaper as i use quite a few too.

I’ve just ordered 5 packs of 50 strips plus 100 lancets and the total was £34.55 so mine were marginally less expensive though the lancets were only £3.79 for 100 which seems cheap to me!

I’ve just ordered 5 packs of 50 strips plus 100 lancets and the total was £34.55 so mine were marginally less expensive though the lancets were only £3.79 for 100 which seems cheap to me!
I don't need lancets but yes thats a little cheaper. I will take a look next time i order instead of just re ordering. Thank you.

So I’ve just tested 2 hrs after beginning my evening meal and the glucose lever is lower (6.1) than it was before I ate (6.3) What does that mean?

So I’ve just tested 2 hrs after beginning my evening meal and the glucose lever is lower (6.1) than it was before I ate (6.3) What does that mean?
It means it was (or was measured to be) ever so slightly lower after you ate than before. Both are within normal range, so they're fine.

Glad you found your card @Mynxie

Hope you are finding it helpful being able to see how food is affecting your BG levels.

Try not to get too hung-up on decimal point differences between readings. There is an allowable degree of variation between strips which means that the readings are a bit more ‘ish’ than the decimal point display suggests.

1644829183689.png

The 6.1 and 6.3 means that your BG stayed nicely level, so the meal and amount of carbs suited you well. Many folks on the forum aim for a ’meal rise‘ of no more than 2-3mmol/L as their indication that a meal has worked for them. 🙂

Thank you 🙂
Theres just so much to learn and of course I’m trying to do everything I can to reverse - I’m still at the stage of being ultra cautious about everything. I’ll calm down soon (I hope!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back