Natural plant based remedies

Status
Not open for further replies.

saddler

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Can anyone advise the best plant based remedies for helping with Type2 Diabetes, thanks

Eating a healthy diet with plenty of veg, especially greens, is the best plant-based thing to do. Many of the herbal remedies you can buy are just a waste of money so I’d avoid them.

Can anyone advise the best plant based remedies for helping with Type2 Diabetes, thanks
I know what you are asking - but the best way to deal with type 2 is to eat low carb - so salads, berries and non starchy vegetables, low sugar fruits, and that can sort things out in a few weeks - though you do have to be a very ordinary sort of type 2, nothing more interesting and strange.

Well hang on ...... wine is plant based and so is whisky - though I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't quite mean either of those!

Well hang on ...... wine is plant based and so is whisky - though I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't quite mean either of those!
Both capable of lowering BG levels of course although my personal choice would be rum. As well as the flavour, I love the idea of it being made from sugar itself but lowering my blood glucose levels..... Not sure my liver or my doctor approves though!

Hadn't people used to make vodka out of potatoes? - add some juniper berries and voila, we have Mother's Ruin.

Metformin is a synthetic chemical made in a lab.
It's not plant based, but it does work well.
(Although the lilac itself has been used in herbal remedies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back