Nasty Bug Or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
After a busy week but with generally good BGs (for me) I was looking forward to a relaxing weekend!

But no! ☹️ Just before lunch I started getting a weird muggy headache. This knocked my appetite so I only had a cuppa soup and a slice of toast. Then to add to the muggy head I got slight dizziness and nausea rapidly followed by technicolour yawns! ☹️☹️☹️. A bit later I started feeling low and a BG showed 4.6 so I decided to try again 15 minutes later, 4.1 time to start treating. No JBs as the supermarket was out when I ordered so substituted WGs. Anyway I had around 20, probably recycling half, and got to 3.1 before it turned around. I have only had liquids since and feel shattered after a bad night feeling iffy and suffering phantom pain. I will check my BG again soon as I took a correction dose at 4:00 as it was just over 13. Probably do a Covid LFT later but as it makes me gag at the lest of times that can wait.

Felling sorry for myself! Feeling shattered, feeling sorry I have diabetes, feeling sorry I have only one leg, etc. Feeling so sorry I can't even be angry!

I know that there is nothing that we can do except send you (((((((((hugs))))))))
Having Diabetes to manage when you are feeling rough is just insult to injury.
I hope that you feel a lot better soon.

After a busy week but with generally good BGs (for me) I was looking forward to a relaxing weekend!

But no! ☹️ Just before lunch I started getting a weird muggy headache. This knocked my appetite so I only had a cuppa soup and a slice of toast. Then to add to the muggy head I got slight dizziness and nausea rapidly followed by technicolour yawns! ☹️☹️☹️. A bit later I started feeling low and a BG showed 4.6 so I decided to try again 15 minutes later, 4.1 time to start treating. No JBs as the supermarket was out when I ordered so substituted WGs. Anyway I had around 20, probably recycling half, and got to 3.1 before it turned around. I have only had liquids since and feel shattered after a bad night feeling iffy and suffering phantom pain. I will check my BG again soon as I took a correction dose at 4:00 as it was just over 13. Probably do a Covid LFT later but as it makes me gag at the lest of times that can wait.

Felling sorry for myself! Feeling shattered, feeling sorry I have diabetes, feeling sorry I have only one leg, etc. Feeling so sorry I can't even be angry!
The LFT kits I have are just nasal swabs so not as bad as sticking something down your throat. Hope it is neg and you feel better soon

Having to deal with Type 1 when you’re ill is the absolute pits @MikeyBikey I hope you have a better day today, with the blood sugar at least.

Also sending (((((HUGS))))).
Diabetes is tough at the best of times and worse when you are ill, without taking into account your personal circumstances..... AND..... not having Libre..... Please make a big push to get that sorted once you are over this episode. Get in touch with Prof Partha Kar if your GP is being difficult about it. You need better support now more than ever.

Hope you feel better soon and sending more ((((HUGS))))

The LFT kits I have are just nasal swabs so not as bad as sticking something down your throat. Hope it is neg and you feel better soon
I had those but the last of my free boxes are the throat and nose ones. The fact I was CEV but now not the right type of CEV for free LFTs niggles somewhat.

Sending you lots of good wishes and really hoping you feel better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back