Naproxen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Does anyone take naproxen? I’ve been prescribed 250mg up to 2x a day for headaches. Having a quick google found it can affect blood sugars, didn’t really find any details of how.

Don't take it now but did take it fir a few tears before I had my knee replacement. It did not seem to affect my blood sugars.

I was prescribed this for leg pains after not tolerating amitriptyline and have taken it ever since, just 1 a day and it certainly mitigated the leg pains. I also have to take omeprazole to protect the stomach. Not noticed any effect of blood glucose.

Thanks, he did say it could cause stomach upset but that hopefully if I’m okay with ibuprofen I would be okay with this. Hopefully it’s not long term either, just whilst figuring out the cause of pain!

Thanks, he did say it could cause stomach upset but that hopefully if I’m okay with ibuprofen I would be okay with this. Hopefully it’s not long term either, just whilst figuring out the cause of pain!
It did seem to be an automatic thing to be prescribed the omeprazole, The naproxen is a bit stronger than ibuprofen.

It did seem to be an automatic thing to be prescribed the omeprazole, The naproxen is a bit stronger than ibuprofen.
I seem to remember it being that it’s slower release (and designed to last longer) rather than being the strength per se that means it can cause more stomach issues and yes I have omeprazole too as a protective measure against long term use of naproxen.

I was put on Omeprazole too! Though I was on it for a few years.
I would not bank on that I can't take Ibuprophen, as it affects my allergic rhinitis, though I can tolerate Naproxen and Voltrol.

I haven’t taken any yet as I’m thinking to take it about 8pm and 8am, presuming it is best to take it with a meal. Hoping it being longer lasting will mean I don’t wake up at 3am for painkillers.

Be careful with it if you have kidney problems. Do read the patient leaflet as well.

Never had kidney or liver problems, but did have bloods taken to check things out before taking the tablets. The leaflet says headaches can be a side effect :rofl: last thing I need is a headache as a side effect of the tablets I’m trying to reduce my headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back