Nano meter strange readings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezzz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I got a free Accu-Chek Nano meter from Roche the other day, It came with 10 free strips. The intention was to use it at work if I felt rough.

It's readings are consistantly about 1.3 higher than my Accu-Chek Compact Plus. I know the Compact Plus is OK because the blood tests at the hospital when I had my operation were only 0.1 to 0.2 different to the hospital meter. Both tests used the same drop of blood and my hands were washed in warm soapy water.

Should I phone Roche and get another meter or bin it? I don't really like it as it's too small and I find individual strips too fiddly and the finger pricker not as comfortable.

meter have a range and it seems that your meter is within that acceptable range. If the results are consistent then I don't think there is probably anything wrong with the meter.

You have to use what you feel comfortable with, so if you don't then carry on with the compact plus

I'd probably give them a ring. As Nikki says, it may just be down to the variability of meters within a certain range, but on the other hand it may be a known fault with a batch of meters. I got a nano too and found it gave similar readings to my ordinary aviva.

I'd probably give them a ring. As Nikki says, it may just be down to the variability of meters within a certain range, but on the other hand it may be a known fault with a batch of meters. I got a nano too and found it gave similar readings to my ordinary aviva.

I think a difference of +1.3 is a bit naughty. Say I felt a bit rough, did a test and it said 4.0. I could really be 2.7 without realising it and not taking corrective action. I don't trust it.

Do you want a spare nano to try Northerner? (Thinking I may have some dodgy strips)

Last edited:
I think a difference of +1.3 is a bit naughty. Say I felt a bit rough, did a test and it said 4.0. I could really be 2.7 without realising it and not taking corrective action. I don't trust it.

Do you want a spare nano to try Northerner? (Thinking I may have some dodgy strips)

I would say that meter results are not an absolute. You need to also take into account how you feel. I probably tend to over rely on my meter and feel nervous if I ever forget it. Back in the days before meters people treated on how they felt. If you look at the control solution range you might be worried

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back