mySugr - Whats your experience using this app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eugene2045

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi,
What's your experience using the mSugr blood glucose monitoring app?
Good/Bad/Indifferent ?

I have used it for years and loved it.

They’ve added all sorts of fancy new stuff over the years, including training, monitoring and even dose calculation - but just as an easy way to log and search/review foods and levels I always found it very useful.

I have used it for a number of years too, I just use the free version. i like it and find it user friendly.

I’ve seen this app before and never really looked at it properly. Can I ask you Mike and Grovesy, how you make use of it. Ie Is it something you use constantly alongside maybe Libre, and testing meter, or just refer to every so often? What is it in particular you like about it?

I use it record blood glucose results, weight, blood pressure, exercise, medication, and not always but carb count.

I have been using it over the last month. It is useful to keep track and gives you some basic figures like average levels. It’s a shame the upgrades are subscription only, something I find a little heartless for what is a lifetime condition.

The free app is certainly useful for at a glance info. I believe it also connects directly with the accu-check meter?

Hope that helps.

Dont know what upgrades you mean but I get regular updates with mine,

I use My Sugar diary. I started off with the free version but the upgrade to full use was only a few £s as a one off payment and I would be absolutely lost without it. I record all my medication, readings and food input as well as exercise, readings before driving etc. It produces charts of readings and daily, weekly or monthly averages and allows you to search for particular criteria. I haven't tried any other apps so I can't compare against other apps on the market but it works for a dinosaur like me, so must be relatively easy to use.

I’ve seen this app before and never really looked at it properly. Can I ask you Mike and Grovesy, how you make use of it. Ie Is it something you use constantly alongside maybe Libre, and testing meter, or just refer to every so often? What is it in particular you like about it?

I have used it for years keeping track of doses and carb counts plus exercise strategies at various times and using notes to identify ‘tricky’ meals - so that next time I had a Chinese takeaway (or whatever) I could use the search function to find out what I did and how well (or otherwise!) it worked out. Only takes a few moments to note BG, carb value, dose and any shorthand notes - eg ‘DW 60:40 2hrs’ = Dual Wave dose, split 60% up front and 40% over two hours) and although a bit of a faff initially I got into the habit and carried on logging full time for years.

Libre doses can be uploaded as a text file and provide a yellow dotted line (only ever did this at the end of the sensor)

Good overview stats for weeks/months too.

Plus in the early years I made use of the ‘challenges’ which kept me engaged and I found quite motivating.

Having a ‘diabetes monster’ to tame was a bit of fun too 🙂

I use My Sugar diary. I started off with the free version but the upgrade to full use was only a few £s as a one off payment and I would be absolutely lost without it. I record all my medication, readings and food input as well as exercise, readings before driving etc. It produces charts of readings and daily, weekly or monthly averages and allows you to search for particular criteria. I haven't tried any other apps so I can't compare against other apps on the market but it works for a dinosaur like me, so must be relatively easy to use.

I wouldn’t mind paying a one off, but the app seems to only give me subscription options?

Attachments

• 0D4D8A18-45AE-4A88-840A-98A5CFDB7505.png
    0D4D8A18-45AE-4A88-840A-98A5CFDB7505.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 6
Mine is a different app. My Sugar Diary Powered by meL Studio from Google Play. My sister downloaded it for me as I am not tech savvy and I am pretty certain it was a one off payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back