Mysugr App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
For anyone out there who uses the mysugr app and pays the subscription for the bolus calculator , there is an alternative app called mylife , which works the same with a bolus calculator and it is absolutely free.

For anyone out there who uses the mysugr app and pays the subscription for the bolus calculator , there is an alternative app called mylife , which works the same with a bolus calculator and it is absolutely free.
Bolus calaleter did used to be included in free version they got sneaky there.

I used both, as I have free MySugr access and there were a few little things I disliked about the MyLife app but the calculations seemed fine. I went back to MySugr but mainly as I don’t have to pay, if I did have to pay I’d have stuck with MyLife.

I used both, as I have free MySugr access and there were a few little things I disliked about the MyLife app but the calculations seemed fine. I went back to MySugr but mainly as I don’t have to pay, if I did have to pay I’d have stuck with MyLife.
Hi Lucy
How did you get free mysugr access?

How do you know all the figures to put in on the bolus calculator?

How do you know all the figures to put in on the bolus calculator?
You should just be able to put in the same ratios that you use to calculate your novorapid dose currently. If you’re on fixed novorapid doses then you wouldn’t need to use a bolus calculator until you’re adjusting doses yourself.

Thanks Lucy, at the moment I am just guessing my insulin doses basis on what I am going to eat?
What is your method for adjusting based on the carbohydrate amount in the food. Is there a system eg 1u for every 10g carb or are you literally just making random guesses? If the latter, look up the Bertie course and work through that, as well as getting medical advice on how to calculate your insulin doses.

You should just be able to put in the same ratios that you use to calculate your novorapid dose currently. If you’re on fixed novorapid doses then you wouldn’t need to use a bolus calculator until you’re adjusting doses yourself.
Thanks Lucy, at the moment i am just guessing my insulin doses based on what I am going to eat? I am seeing my DSN week after next so should this be something I discuss with her?

Thanks Lucy, at the moment i am just guessing my insulin doses based on what I am going to eat? I am seeing my DSN week after next so should this be something I discuss with her?

Your DSN should be able to help you get started with carb counting, insulin:carbohydrate ratios and the principles of dose adjustment that bolus calculators can help with 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back