MySugr app correction close together

Status
Not open for further replies.

mum2westiesGill

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I thought corrections should be at least 4 hours apart and also advised 4 hours apart by the bolus advisor but this morning I noticed and did an advised correction at 6:48 for BG of 15.6 then when I entered carbs for breakfast and BG was 11.4 I was advised to do a correction at 10:07 so only 3 hours and 19 minutes apart. Please can someone help me out with this in case I'm missing something here.

It may be that the app takes into consideration the insulin it has already advised you to do

It may be that the app takes into consideration the insulin it has already advised you to do
It does but I don't think I've noticed it advise a correction so soon after a previous correction.

The app works out how much of your previous correction is still working and adds the extra you need into your reccomended dose

It does but I don't think I've noticed it advise a correction so soon after a previous correction.
Then what it will most likely be doing (not 100% sure but this is what my BG meter does) is take away however much correction would still be active from the final dosing decision

It won’t be giving you the full amount of correction, although after 3 hours and 19 minutes you won’t have a huge amount of the previous bolus still working so it will give you most of the correction dose. I don’t know exactly how it works it out but it’s something along the lines of: up to one hour after a previous correction it won’t give you another one at all, 2 hours after a previous correction it will give you about half the correction dose, and so on. You are told not to correct within 4 hours for safety reasons, but it can be done if you know what you are doing and can allow for any insulin still working. Which is what your bolus calculator does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back