MySugr and connected meters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
In exciting news (exciting when you’re a diabetic anyway) I found that my wireless wavesense jazz meter can automatically connect to MySugr. It doesn’t connect directly, but if I leave the meter manufacturers app open in the background, and have MySugr enabled to pick up bgs through apple health, then all my test results automatically come straight through to MySugr.

I use MySugr for bolus advice so it’s nice that it can now have all the meter readings I didn’t enter in there too. Just need something to give me an automated reminder to test 2hrs after my premeal test now! (I know you can manually set that in MySugr but I forget)

My Accu-chek Mobile with the wireless attachment automatically populates MySugr; this is no surprise, since Roche have ensured this happens! I liked MySugr hugely. Alas once I got Libre 2 I have to populate the LibreLink app for the NHS overview of my control and its just too much hassle to put the same data into both apps. It would be really good if the LibreLink data could be exported to MySugr.

My Accu-chek Mobile with the wireless attachment automatically populates MySugr; this is no surprise, since Roche have ensured this happens! I liked MySugr hugely. Alas once I got Libre 2 I have to populate the LibreLink app for the NHS overview of my control and its just too much hassle to put the same data into both apps. It would be really good if the LibreLink data could be exported to MySugr.
Yes I was disappointed to see that only the accuchek meters populate mysugr automatically, so it was a nice surprise to see it happen unexpectedly with the wavesense jazz wireless meter that I use.

I’ve ordered some libre sensors but haven’t used them in a while, I thought it used to show the graph at the top only, would be nice if you could just start a bolus advice calculation in mysugr with it automatically picking up the reading from libre but I’m definitely assuming it doesn’t do that!

Alternatively it would be nice if the libre app had a bolus calculator

Yes I was disappointed to see that only the accuchek meters populate mysugr automatically, so it was a nice surprise to see it happen unexpectedly with the wavesense jazz wireless meter that I use.

I’ve ordered some libre sensors but haven’t used them in a while, I thought it used to show the graph at the top only, would be nice if you could just start a bolus advice calculation in mysugr with it automatically picking up the reading from libre but I’m definitely assuming it doesn’t do that!

Alternatively it would be nice if the libre app had a bolus calculator
I've been exploring (unsuccessfully) exporting my Diabox data, which is reading the Libre sensor but using its own algorithm to provide true CGM. I was hoping to find an app that would be acceptable for the NHS requirements and then I was hoping to populate data onto this mythical alternative, instead of data entry onto LibreLink.

My tech skills are relatively limited. I understand the principles of what might (should) be possible, but the jargon defeats me and I get lost in the setting up! I approached 2 software guys, prepared to pay for their time. The first had a financial burn out 3 days after we exchanged emails; not because of my request, apparently was over optimistic about his actual capabilities. I never met him, but the friend who had given me his details knew him a bit. The 2nd, who I do know, has gone silent; so I deduce I've asked a question that is too difficult! So this remains "work in progress".

Some fairly useless trivia: Apparently if you were to seek assistance from the Foreign Office ... (why?? ) .... and they were to tell you "its on the table" that really means that it is on the table, but not going to be picked up and dealt with any time soon! A different interpretation of "work in progress".

Interesting, hadn’t heard that meaning of the phrase on the table before. I guess the benefit of self funding my sensors is that I don’t have to share the data with anyone. I have downloaded an alternative app to the libre link one, in search of customisable alert sounds, but haven’t tried it till the sensors arrive. It doesn’t have a bolus calculator though… all I want in my ideal world is something that takes libre data to bolus from, calculates the dose if you input carbs, tracks insulin on board, imports bg meter tests automatically and plots them on the same graph as libre data, and automatically reminds me to test 2 hrs after a meal or correction. They’re all things that are possible, just not in a joined up sense.

Interesting, hadn’t heard that meaning of the phrase on the table before. I guess the benefit of self funding my sensors is that I don’t have to share the data with anyone. I have downloaded an alternative app to the libre link one, in search of customisable alert sounds, but haven’t tried it till the sensors arrive. It doesn’t have a bolus calculator though… all I want in my ideal world is something that takes libre data to bolus from, calculates the dose if you input carbs, tracks insulin on board, imports bg meter tests automatically and plots them on the same graph as libre data, and automatically reminds me to test 2 hrs after a meal or correction. They’re all things that are possible, just not in a joined up sense.
Hi Lucy, xdrip+ (on android) can be configured to do all of that.
There are a lot of people who want these things, and make it work for themselves via the third party apps community

Hi Lucy, xdrip+ (on android) can be configured to do all of that.
There are a lot of people who want these things, and make it work for themselves via the third party apps community
Unfortunately I don’t have an android phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back