My Wee!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules001

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I know this is not a subject everyone likes to talk about, well I dont lol... Anyway can anyone advise me why mine is like a Dark yellowish/Orangeish colour....

Is it due to having to much sugar or my Kidneys not working properly.... I'm a bit Confused.com🙂

I dont drink water never have really... might have a mouth full if my partner has got a bottle in her bag but thats just about it...... I find water boring to drink lol

How much should I be drinking then? had no advise from doc's or nurse regarding drinking water

Sounds like dehydration to me too. The darker/thicker it is the more dehydrated you are. Make sure you have plenty of water, but don't drink too quickly or it will go starigh through. If possible also cut down on booze and caffine. A small ammount of fruit juice is OK as are de caffinated drinks. You know things are OK when your pee is a pale colour and thin.

I dont drink water never have really... might have a mouth full if my partner has got a bottle in her bag but thats just about it...... I find water boring to drink lol

How much should I be drinking then? had no advise from doc's or nurse regarding drinking water

if you find water boring have you tried adding a little sugar free squash to it to flavour it a little? The guidelines are usually about 2 litres a day.

I was told I should be trying to drink up to 2.5 litres a day. Most of mine is in the form of tea, but I do have a little no-added sugar squash around for when I want a cold drink because I loathe plain water too. If you're dehydrated, and it sounds to me as though you are, your bloods may rise as well as all the other symptoms.

Any liquid will do. I do drink water, but mostly I drink mugs of tea throughout the day. The colour may be due to any medication you are on, so you should ask your doctor if you are worried - it may be something simple and easily cleared up.

I read a little while ago that it's a bit of a myth that drinking beer, coffee etc. will make you dehydrated. It's only really the case if you drink a lot of either, otherwise the liquid consumed still makes a significant contribution to hydrating you.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

Damn Northie you beat me to it. The uk's chief dietitian even confirmed that the dehydration thing is cobblers a while ago.

Personally I drink coffee all day with the occasional diet coke.

Any liquid will do. I do drink water, but mostly I drink mugs of tea throughout the day. The colour may be due to any medication you are on, so you should ask your doctor if you are worried - it may be something simple and easily cleared up.

I read a little while ago that it's a bit of a myth that drinking beer, coffee etc. will make you dehydrated. It's only really the case if you drink a lot of either, otherwise the liquid consumed still makes a significant contribution to hydrating you.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

Phewy...I drink lots of tea. Interesting read.

As for the wee (lol) I agree with all that has been said about dehydration. I drink lots including water as i like to think its good for the skin and all that jazz. I subsequently find that i wee lots and lasts a long time (sorry everyone) 😉 As Aymes said you could always jazz it up with some sugar free squash or the like.

If you are concerned though, see your doc as others have suggested to put your mind at rest at least.

Bernie x 🙂

Sorry to disagree, but good hydration IS important, and not drinking enough water/squash etc, WILL lead to dehydration - it's logical. Caffeine, alcohol etc won't cause dehydration, but it won't hydrate you either, so shouldn't be thought of as going towards your goal 🙂

Sorry to disagree, but good hydration IS important, and not drinking enough water/squash etc, WILL lead to dehydration - it's logical. Caffeine, alcohol etc won't cause dehydration, but it won't hydrate you either, so shouldn't be thought of as going towards your goal 🙂

Not consuming sufficient liquid to replace that lost through sweating, p'ing, exhalation etc. would dehydrate you, Becky, but food, coffee, tea, beer etc. all contain liquid that will replace what has been lost. What WILL dehydrate you, however, are high blood sugars which cause water to move from the cells into the blood by osmosis.

As a long time distance runner, I certainly know the importance of good hydration! 🙂

No, I agree with you there 🙂 There are a lot of misconceptions about hydration. Water in food, etc and coffee will count towards the total, but I know I certainly wouldn't advocate relying on that opposed to drinking a decent amount of water, which is beneficial 🙂

erm... its still water even if it has coffee in it. Water on its own has no advantage over other drinks and even some disadvantages.

I get most of my fluid from tea and coffee. But I do try and have a pint of straight water each day too (usually after exercise).

As always, balance in everything! :D

Andy

Alternatives to plain water; try squeezing an orange or a lemon into it.

I was told to avoid excessive salt and salty foods (like crips and salted nuts) as they can be drying

Just the information I was given, caffine and alcohol make you pee more, so although you are drinking, you are also not getting the benefit of the fluids. I think the jury is out on the caffine thing.

...Just the information I was given, caffine and alcohol make you pee more, so although you are drinking, you are also not getting the benefit of the fluids. I think the jury is out on the caffine thing.

They do, but I think that the common perception is that this means you pee more than you drink, or that it goes down your throat straight to your bladder, thus dehydrating you. However, the link I gave earlier suggests that half the liquid in a cup of coffee will go towards hydrating you, or more if you are accustomed to drinking it.

They do, but I think that the common perception is that this means you pee more than you drink, or that it goes down your throat straight to your bladder, thus dehydrating you. However, the link I gave earlier suggests that half the liquid in a cup of coffee will go towards hydrating you, or more if you are accustomed to drinking it.

I think the advice we are given varies from area to area. Thanks for info. When thirsty I was told if I sipped water rather than glugging it down it would be more effective as I'm taking it over a longer period, and it gave the body time to absorb more.

Is it terrible that I cannot remember the last time I had a glass of water? tuesday maybe I think 😱 good news is my pee is very clear and light coloured (tmi) hehe x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back