My update!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proudspirit

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well since i was last on I have started a diet and fitness regime, I started off swimming and managed 8 lengths I can now do 80! but when i go swimming s long as i do over 50 im happy, I do some days just swim and some days just gym, I like to burn 500 cals but today i did a mix of gym and swim so just 400 cals and 12 lengths.
Anyway so apart from feeling fitter i have lost 24.5lbs AND more important my Hba1c has dropped from 6.9 to................... 5.9 i am over the moon

Just wanted to share that with you as no one else understands how great that is!

who knows what it will be next time

Julie x

Julie, that's absolutely fantastic!!!! Well done! Goodness, 80 lengths? I couldn't manage 10, I'm sure! Many congratulations on the weight loss and HbA1c too - you must feel brilliant! 🙂

Flippin 'eck !

That's some going. Well done. You can rightfully feel proud. If I could manage a length, I'd be happy.

Congrats Julie. 🙂

Rob

Well done Julie on everything!!!! :D

Brilliant - I had wondered where you had gone. Keep up the good work.🙂Bev

woopity wooo that is great well done you STAR !!!!🙂

Thats fantastic, great results and well done on the weight loss! 🙂

Kool well done julie 🙂

Brill news very well done Julie lovely to see you posting x

thanks guys, I knew you'de understand! I've been discharged from the dietician as my diet is very healthy, going to see dr next week and hoping my bp is normal! I'm off work now for a few weeks so will try to post more soon x

Proudspirit - great news. I don't swim very often, but each time I go I remember how much I enjoy it. A few weeks ago, local council had an offer of free swimming at one pool if you cycled there, so my partner & I cycled 2 miles each way to get there, then did 20 x 25m lengths - swimming is the only thing (not running, cycling or kayaking) that I can do faster than him - mainly because he was never taught crawl stroke and isn't too keen on putting his face under water - I completed the set much faster, with about 2 breaststroke, followed by 1 crawl.

Last edited:
Hi Julie, 80 lenghts - thats brilliant! And congratulations on your weight loss, feels great dosent it? I used to walk to the car and back and now I do my 10,000 steps a day, body pump, body combat and zumba classes and have never felt fitter or heathier! Keep up the good work! xxx

Hi Julie, you're putting a lot of effort on it, and you're getting great results! Well done 🙂
I should follow your example and start running again!

thanks guys, I knew you'de understand! I've been discharged from the dietician as my diet is very healthy, going to see dr next week and hoping my bp is normal! I'm off work now for a few weeks so will try to post more soon x

Well done you, hard work does pay off, do you feel better?

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back