My seckond hba1c

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynne51

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all i havent written for a while but still read posts every day and always pick up usefull tips so thanks for that .I am type 2 diet controlled my first hb1 in july was 7.2 and my new results yesterday were 6.6 doesnt seem much difference but i suppose its going the right way. all the best Lynne

Most of us who live with diabetes and / or work with people with the condition would say that 7.2 to 6.6 IS a significant improvement, and as you highlight, definitely going the right way. Congratulations. Hope you're enjoying life in general? Please feel free to post about the tips that have helped you, to help other "lurkers" who read, but don't post.

Well done Lynne that is a big improvement, so well done! what were you hoping for?
It is harder to drop your A1c when you start getting it to target range, dropping 0.6 is really good

hey lynne thats a brill result thats a great improvement dont doubt it , many would love to have them figures your diet controlled alone so thats an extra well done keep it up x

Well done Lynne that is a big improvement, so well done! what were you hoping for?
It is harder to drop your A1c when you start getting it to target range, dropping 0.6 is really good

Thank you for your kind words to be honest i wasnt hoping for anything really i am just trying to listen to advice on here and i have been lowering my carbs and only eat seeded bread & swapped to brown rice & pasta but i have cut portion size right down i have lost 3 stone in the last six months so i must be doing something right and its lovely to know its a significant drop even though it doesnt sound much best wishes Lynne.

Well done Lynne. I can't wait for the day my readings get down there. You should be pleased with yourself.

Lynne, I echo what the others here have said - 6.6 is an excellent reduction! Once you start getting below 7.0 the risks of complications lessen significantly, so you've done yourself a real favour with your achievement - and what a terrific weight loss too! I am totally impressed, well done!🙂

Lynne.. Well done on your hba1c thats brilliant and I envy you on the fantastic weight loss, I have been going to the gym for 20 weeks now and spend 30 minutes each day on my treadmill at home and all I have lost in that time is one pound.

Best wishes
John.

Hi Lynne,

Congratulations - you've got things moving in the right direction. Keep it up -you know that it makes sense in the long run to keep as far away as you can from diabetic complications.

Best wishes - John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back