My Saturday Trea

EMcKT

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
It's Saturday and I am catching up with housework......a job I hate.......so just had my most favourite breakfast........a Warburton's thin, butter and Marmite, poached egg and a slice of cheese. I love them. Not carb light, 18.5 each , so I only have one, but by the time I have Changed the bed and cleaned the bathroom and the shower, with me in it, I reckon I have earned it. Won't do lunch and dinner will be what I find. Need to catch up after yesterday's horrendous weather......Berkshire / Hampshire borders.

Been busy decorating but wife just kindly made me some bacon sausage & egg butty's, funny enough she used Warburton's sliced rolls which go really nice with that combination.

Having a builders brew then must get back to it.

My treat tonight is a savoury homemade bolognese type sauce with a small amount of pasta. Hubby will have the same but with more pasta. I have been asked to make a potato salad for a BBQ I am going to tomorrow. Homegrown spuds and eggs from our free range hens. I hope everyone else enjoys it. I will stick to burgers and salad.

I hadn't thought of a treat but now you have me thinking :confused:😛 However I am just about to cook something in the instant pot on saute, the large mushroom, 2 tomatoes, runners beans and Kale all home grown, I shall add garlic and ginger and a couple of small potatoes, I am wondering if I should add an egg as well mmmmm decisions.

Have a wonderful evening everyone and enjoy all the treats :star:

I have had too many treats/ cheats over last few days! I had a blood test Thursday and due to see a hcp on Tuesday and know he wants to prescribe a second med. I feel these few days are a cheats corner. I had to go into an ironmongery in the next town as I need to do some exterior painting and needed a piece for my gate. Afterwards I went to the local deli where you can have half a sandwich and small soup. The soup was apple and parsnip and sandwich I chose is one I haven't had this year meatballs in tomatoe sauce. In June before the whammy of type 2 I was told my cholestral had edged up so I cut out meat except for occasional chicken.

Knowing I would do this I skipped breakfast. Supper is a sea bass fillet with cauliflower and broccoli. I also bought samphire from the fishmonger but will probably have that with cod tomorrow. Then sea trout or frittata or crudités with butterbean humus are Mondays delights _ I haven't yet got a meal plan.

My Saturday treat is extra mature cheddar and baxters tomato chutney on toast(made with Jacksons brilliantly good bloomer bread) ...simply delicious.

Last edited:
The soup was apple and parsnip and sandwich I chose is one I haven't had this year meatballs in tomatoe sauce. In June before the whammy of type 2 I was told my cholestral had edged up so I cut out meat except for occasional chicken.
Chicken (no skin) should be fine for cholesterol.
I took my cholesterol from 7.7 at the end of january, to 4.4 in july. I eat a lot of chicken breast (skinless), eggs and salmon. All cooked in various ways to ring the changes. I avoid any chicken mince though.

My treats today were a peanut butter Graze flapjack, and a small homemade reduced carb muffin.

I think my cholesterol had nudged up to 5. I suppose I should say thank goodness as I then got confirmation they hadn't tested for diabetes and three weeks later I was 69 mol. He did say my cholesterol had come down but I don't know if it is in a safe level. He seemed to be determined to get me on statins.
Fingers crossed for Tuesday.
I wasn't in the mood to cook fish and not very hungry so ended up having cauliflower raw with some butterbean humus made by the purely pesto company.

Statins are a personal choice, I personally declined them - I wanted to keep medications to a minimum to reduce the load on my kidneys. I also believed I could reduce my cholesterol without them.

What an interesting selection of treats. I quite fancy trying the butter bean hummus, but need to finish the normal pot first. Sunday dinner will be chicken, then I will get back onto the straight and narrow.

This is the company that makes the hummus in Suffolk stocked in my local farm shop in Norfolk. The shop I go to doesn't always have the full range in stock. I actually bought two when I don't usually buy one every week, both butterbean.
Carbs per 100 gms is 11 grams. I've got some new carrots and fresh radish plus cauliflower to dip!

Last edited:
Back