My readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humza

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All

Since getting advice on how to best take my BG readings, I have been taking them before eating and 2 hours after. I have had 3, 3 month tsets. The first month was 17, then the next 3 month one was 8.6 and the next one was 9.1...

What do you think of these figures? I refuse to take medicine and have been making changes to lifestyle and food. Would love to hear your thoughts

Attachments

• Readings.png
    Readings.png
    31 KB · Views: 11
Hi All

Since getting advice on how to best take my BG readings, I have been taking them before eating and 2 hours after. I have had 3, 3 month tsets. The first month was 17, then the next 3 month one was 8.6 and the next one was 9.1...

What do you think of these figures? I refuse to take medicine and have been making changes to lifestyle and food. Would love to hear your thoughts
Whatever you had on the 13th Jan was definitely not so good but the others all look within the 'no more than 2-3mmol/l increase though a few are higher than the 'not higher than 8mmol/l post meal but that is because the before meal readings were a tad high.
The more you can keep within those limits the better the overall readings will get. But perhaps a bit more attention to the portion size of anything high carb you had in those meals.
It is worth keeping a record of you meals so you know where they need some tweaking.
You look to be making good progress.

Whatever you had on the 13th Jan was definitely not so good but the others all look within the 'no more than 2-3mmol/l increase though a few are higher than the 'not higher than 8mmol/l post meal but that is because the before meal readings were a tad high.
The more you can keep within those limits the better the overall readings will get. But perhaps a bit more attention to the portion size of anything high carb you had in those meals.
It is worth keeping a record of you meals so you know where they need some tweaking.
You look to be making good progress.
Thanks Leadlights

Just an update

Post food it was 4.6

I ( by purpose) had sausages, fried eggs and two slices of toast ( i do not normally have that) coffee

and it was 7.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back