My pump arrived ready for tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

olliej96

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Received an email Tuesday to say the T-Slim will be delivered Friday and can I make the virtual training on the 19th (tomorrow) so I sorted it out with work and am ready!

Is there anything I can do now to prepare for the training in the morning? I've charged the pump to 100% but haven't touched anything else.

How exciting. Hope it goes well!

I found the online training very thorough and useful.

Have you downloaded the ‘Emulator’ app that allows you to have a play with the menus with a virtual tslim on your smartphone.

Maybe have a pen and paper handy? Or ask if they can record the training for you to refer back to later?

Thanks guys! it's done! - the tandem rep was lovely, as was the DSN's I had in the call too. Very thorough & detailed walkthrough on all the features and although there was a lot of info to take on, I feel happy knowing that there is support should I need regarding any questions I may have, the rep said day or night christmas or not. It's also very reassuring to know a lot of the folks here are pump veterans and have experience, tips and tricks etc.

An extra side note, my new DSN is trying to sort me out a Dexcom G6 so I can then make full use of the features!
aaahhh i'm so excited to start getting to know this thing. :D

Ah that’s great to hear @olliej96

Hope you get access to the G6, but in the meantime there’s plenty to get used to just switching to a pump 🙂

Hope the transition goes well, and don’t be surprised if you have a few “WHAT AM I DOING!!” moments.

But stick with it! While i got going well enough, it probably took me almost a year before I really felt I had my head around strategies for the majority of the situations I regularly encounter. 🙂

Great to hear that you have finally got started @olliej96

It can take a bit of getting used to, so don’t be surprised if there is the odd wobble. It will great if your are able to also get the G6 funded. I look forward to hearing how you are getting on.

Ah that’s great to hear @olliej96

Hope you get access to the G6, but in the meantime there’s plenty to get used to just switching to a pump 🙂

Hope the transition goes well, and don’t be surprised if you have a few “WHAT AM I DOING!!” moments.

But stick with it! While i got going well enough, it probably took me almost a year before I really felt I had my head around strategies for the majority of the situations I regularly encounter. 🙂
Oh for sure already there's been some moments at work where i'm like "I hope i've pressed the right button" haha. Luckily in the couple of days I've had it nothing too drastic has happened apart from the occasional low, i've been around 90-95% TIR which is awesome! The support from the nurse has also been above and beyond, and about 4PM today I'd recieved an email from her to confirm the approval of the G6! I've just got to wait a few weeks for the order to arrive and she's going to run me through linking it up with the pump. I genuinely feel like a kid at christmas (quite literally) 🙂

Great to hear that you have finally got started @olliej96

It can take a bit of getting used to, so don’t be surprised if there is the odd wobble. It will great if your are able to also get the G6 funded. I look forward to hearing how you are getting on.
it's all a learning curve that I'm down for, I know there's going to be a lot of times where I may miss-calculate or press the wrong things, but sometimes I think it's good for those things to happen so I can learn for the next time. Also G6 approval is a green light! :D

Brilliant! @olliej96. 🙂 I’m really pleased for you. Sounds like you’ll be closing the loop pretty soon too. Fab!
The fact I had no idea what this meant around a year ago, and now i'm lucky enough to be closer to an even better quality of life. The support here, and from my new team has just been more than I could have hoped for. What a way to kick off 2023!

I hope you get on as well with the G6 / Tandem combo as I have. Overnight levels have never been better!

Sensor augmented pumping is a real game changer IMO. It doesn’t necessarily mean you spend less time managing / thinking about diabetes in my experience. But you get better results for the same amount of effort.

it's all a learning curve that I'm down for, I know there's going to be a lot of times where I may miss-calculate or press the wrong things, but sometimes I think it's good for those things to happen so I can learn for the next time. Also G6 approval is a green light! :D
That is such good news Ollie. Two years in I am still learning, but as @everydayupsanddowns says the improved results, for me TIR, is worth the effort.

That is such good news Ollie. Two years in I am still learning, but as @everydayupsanddowns says the improved results, for me TIR, is worth the effort.
Thanks!

I'm slowly noticing a smoother graph which is great, I definitely need to tweak some things, especially as I'm now on the Christmas break and my exercise will be next to none and I plan on eating a lot of everything haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back