my precious diastix(especially for DIDKA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahams mum

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
hi i was at another birthday today so lots of fruit juice on the tables so i ask my friend if it was sugar free but she was not sure so diastix out and ..... not it was not my friend knows that i use them and promptly went to the counter to order some sugar free juice and they told her that what it was on the table was sugar free and she said " not is not sugar free because she has special stick to test the drinks "and you should see their faces and as magic sugar free juice was on the tables so i am very happy that i have my diastix!!!😛

Good news Daniela glad there doing the job

Question for Grahams mum

Could you (or anyone else) please tell me what diastix are.Ive never heard of them,i have a rough idea what they are from reading your post.Do you get them on prescription.

Could you (or anyone else) please tell me what diastix are.Ive never heard of them,i have a rough idea what they are from reading your post.Do you get them on prescription.

They are used for testing for glucose levels, usually in urine, and are what people used to use before blood meters came out. As such, they can also be used to test whether a drink is a 'diet' drink or if it contains sugar. You can get them without prescription for about ?5 for 50.

I always carry some with me for the odd time I pop into Mc Ds or BK. It is amazing the results you can get by just getting them out, and always worth doing!

yes is amazing the response especially when you show that you are really tested the drink

They are used for testing for glucose levels, usually in urine, and are what people used to use before blood meters came out. As such, they can also be used to test whether a drink is a 'diet' drink or if it contains sugar. You can get them without prescription for about ?5 for 50.

Im i right to think these are the same as ketostics? just another name for them or am i totally wrong 🙄

Im i right to think these are the same as ketostics? just another name for them or am i totally wrong 🙄

They look the same but diastix test for glucose, ketostix for ketones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back