MY NEIGHBOUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosalindb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
My neighbour is type 2 d, same as me. She is (or was) on Metformin and takes meds of thyroid. She does not take the thyroid meds as they make her put on weight apparently. But what is surprising to me is that the GP has taken her off Metformin and has given her no alternative to it. She is not in remission. She does not seem to concerned about this but it would bother me in case BG went up. Her partner claims he is diabetic but has cancelled 2 appointments to check this out, he eats a lot of takeaways and such rubbish.

Unfortunately not everyone is as keen about keeping themselves healthy as the people on this forum. Some aren’t given very good information about how to manage diabetes, some don’t care, some think if they just take the pills it will all go away. And then of course there are others that will do everything in their power to keep it under control.
If these people are happy with how things are then there isn’t much you can do about it, it’s their life. If you’ve made suggestions about how to look after themselves better and they haven’t followed them you just have to let them get on with it, sadly :(

... and some folk just open their mouths and a load of old codswallop comes out of it - you know, like your neighbour!

i think some people are their own worst enemy but that often stems from being scared of what the outcome of any tests are and having to make some serious changes to their life style.
If her husband turns out to be diabetic then to tackle those changes together is a lot easier. As long as he engages with it.

My neighbour is type 2 d, same as me. She is (or was) on Metformin and takes meds of thyroid. She does not take the thyroid meds as they make her put on weight apparently. But what is surprising to me is that the GP has taken her off Metformin and has given her no alternative to it. She is not in remission. She does not seem to concerned about this but it would bother me in case BG went up. Her partner claims he is diabetic but has cancelled 2 appointments to check this out, he eats a lot of takeaways and such rubbish.
I have to ask what it is to do with you anyway? In all honesty it's best to look after yourself and let others mind their own health/business.
There's more important things in life than worrying about the prat next door 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back