My little Oliver getting pump- eekkkk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misst104

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi folks

Just to say my little one Oliver will be starting on his pump on Friday. We only really found out last week so it's all a bit overwhelming to be honest. He will be on the accu-chek combo with rapid d cannula. I am really excited about it as I hope we can settle his levels down a bit (yesterdays ranged from 1.7 to 20 odd) . He has been really poorly last week with acute tonsilitis. (2 hospital admissions!!:() but seems loads better now so fingers crossed it will all go ahead.

I am very excited but also scared stiff - fear of the unknown I guess. We are starting on saline to see whether he will tolerate wearing it (he is 3 years old now) and then hopefully go onto insulin the following week *Gulp*

Wish us luck please!!

Jo thats brillaint news I wish your little boy and you all the best on the pump, happy pumping hun x

Wishing you every success with the pump - I hope he take to it well and all goes smoothly 🙂 Are you a member of the Children with diabetes website? Between us and them I'm sure all your questions and concerns can be answered. 🙂

http://www.childrenwithdiabetesuk.org/

I am on the CWD list Northerner, Bev recommended it to me when i joined this forum. The folk there have been really supportive.

Thanks for the good wishes. I am very apprehensive but i know there are lots of people there and here who will be able to help us into the unknown world of the pump!!! 🙂

xxx jo

Brilliant news!! I'm sure you'll love the pump, it makes life so much easier. Best of luck 🙂

all the luck in the world oliver, and of course mummy as you will be operating it..............:D

Thanks everyone. We have had a few hiccups and were thinking earloier today that it may not happen - long story!! But I think now it will! 🙂

Plan is to go on saline on Friday and go on insulin on Tuesday next week. I am sick with nerves to be honest!

x Jo

Hope everything is going well. My daughter started with hers on Wednesday and we start on insuling on Tuesday too. This follows a period of poor health as she is still recovering from glandular fever so we too are hopeful this will help. Good Luck, thinking of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back