my leg hurts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonrudd

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
For the last couple of weeks my right leg really hurts :( i dont know why but its driving me mad :(

Have you made an appointment with the doc yet? you have not been doing anything out of the ordinary have you like more exercise then usual ?

For the last couple of weeks my right leg really hurts :( i dont know why but its driving me mad :(
Simon, if I remeber correctly, your toe nail fell off quite recently. Was that on your right foot?
🙂

Steffie - going to the doctors on friday, i'm not really doing anything unusual. but my leg is a bit swollen and it really aches :(

KayC - yeah its the same leg :(

Simon if your leg is sore and swollen - you really shouldn't wait till Friday to see a Dr. Go to your nearest walk in centre of make an emergency appointment tomorrow. It could be nothing but you need it checked sooner rather than later.

Steffie - going to the doctors on friday, i'm not really doing anything unusual. but my leg is a bit swollen and it really aches :(

Hope he can pinpoint whats the problem simon, as kay c pointed out and you have no confirmed it may be related to your toe problems, Good luck for Fri please let us know how you get on x

Sounds like a good idea that you are going to the GP. Hope all goes well, keep us informed, in the meantime take care!

Good job you have an appt on Friday. But if the pain is unbearable, I'd go to A&E...It's worrying. Hope you feel better soon.
🙂

Simon if your leg is sore and swollen - you really shouldn't wait till Friday to see a Dr. Go to your nearest walk in centre of make an emergency appointment tomorrow. It could be nothing but you need it checked sooner rather than later.

I agree, dont wait until friday, you need to be seen.

How did your blood tests go, didnt you get them done the other week?

I too think you should go asap. Friday is too long to wait. You could always ring the out of hours service and explain your symptoms to them. If they think you should be seen quicker they will tell you.

Get it seen to pronto. Before diagnosis, I cut my toe and then got a nasty bacterial infection of the skin (cellulitis). If left untreated I could have got very ill very quickly.

It may not be that, but better be safe than sorry.

Andy

Hi Simon i agree with the others dont wait , NHS direct are very good at advising what do to do why not give them a ring ?🙂

if you can't see anyone else go to A&E. When my feet were very painful and I couldn't wait to see the doctor it turned out to be celulitis and cleared up with antibiotics. You can still keep your doctors appointment and he can have a look too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back