My Latest Medication

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metformin reduced from 1000mg to 500 mg ......I take it that's the lowest dose ?

Saxagliptin 5mg .....recent addition

They seem quite happy that hbac1 has reduced from 87 to 52
That’s a really good improvement, well done- you must be very pleased! Has the medication change happened before or after the improved hba1c result, and I wonder why they tweaked your meds? Great result, and maybe more to come!

Metformin reduced from 1000mg to 500 mg ......I take it that's the lowest dose ?

Saxagliptin 5mg .....recent addition

They seem quite happy that hbac1 has reduced from 87 to 52
Congratulations on the a1c reduction. Were you having side effects from the metformin or low 12 for the dose to be reduced and a new medication added?

That’s a really good improvement, well done- you must be very pleased! Has the medication change happened before or after the improved hba1c result, and I wonder why they tweaked your meds? Great result, and maybe more to come!
Side effects x on the toilet all day with 1000 mg metformin

Congratulations on the a1c reduction. Were you having side effects from the metformin or low 12 for the dose to be reduced and a new medication added?
I have had intolerable runny bottom and stomach pain from the metformin from day 1 , I have tried and tried but I wasn't prepared to go on so they agreed to reducing dose and adding another drug

It's more manageable but if I continue to get runny movements them I am stopping it entirely and they will have to find something else

Side effects x on the toilet all day with 1000 mg metformin
That explains the need for a change! Is the metformin ‘slow release’ or just the standard one? The SR version is better tolerated so might be a consideration if you’re currently taking the other one. Thankfully there seem to be many options as far as medicating us ‘type 2s’ are concerned, so hopefully this is just a bump in the road…

I had the same problem even with slow release Metformin, so I was also reduced to the minimum dose and other medications added. Down from a high of 88 to 53 but no reduction in medication. I still wake up queasy from the Metformin every morning, but it wears off after a couple of glasses of water. I can't face food though for a couple of hours.

I had the same problem even with slow release Metformin, so I was also reduced to the minimum dose and other medications added. Down from a high of 88 to 53 but no reduction in medication. I still wake up queasy from the Metformin every morning, but it wears off after a couple of glasses of water. I can't face food though for a couple of hours.
I thought that even the slow release metformin was better taken with or just after food or a meal. That’s what my surgery told me, and I’m not finding it too bad apart from a tum that gurgles now!

I had a red hot backside from straining , I couldn't go on
Ah I see... I had the same thing but chucked the pills away and changed what I ate completely.

I thought that even the slow release metformin was better taken with or just after food or a meal. That’s what my surgery told me, and I’m not finding it too bad apart from a tum that gurgles now!
I was advised to take with the largest meal of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back