My good results have slipped a touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordburnside

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
I was diagnosed T2 in January with a 55 reading. On May 1st I got this down to 42 which was a challenge.
I have just taken another test and I am now at 45 because I haven't been as good a boy as I should! I have more or less given up bread, pasta, rice and potatoes and I quite enjoy the healthier diet. Unfortunately I like alcohol and don't like walking in the rain.
So its back on the fish and beans and salad and teetotal most of the time now and I will get a test in September before I go on holiday and ruin it!

Dispiriting, but at least you know why your level has risen a bit. It's still down 10 points on your original diagnosis though, so you haven't completely lost it!!!
Best of luck with being a good boy...think of your holiday!

Keep at it @lordburnside

45mmol/mol is nothing to be sniffed at! But importantly you are aware of a few things that may have been involved in that very slight up-tick.

It’s a marathon, not a sprint, and it’s important to find a management strategy that you can stick with (which can involve a few treats, and periods of relaxation) 🙂

Thanks. Yesterday no alcohol. Food was fish, lentils etc all good stuff but then I had some fruit.
8pm a bit peckish because of the fruit - ate 5 Rich Tea biscuits!
I will try and do better today.

Thanks. Yesterday no alcohol. Food was fish, lentils etc all good stuff but then I had some fruit.
8pm a bit peckish because of the fruit - ate 5 Rich Tea biscuits!
I will try and do better today.
You could have had some yoghurt or cream with your fruit and you may not have been peckish by 8pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back