My free new blood monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabbit

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I received a new blood monitor today from Accu Check. The meter was the smallest I have seen and goes by the name of 'Aviva Nano'. Just as I unpacked the meter I felt the 'signs' of a hypo starting, so used my new meter to test my BG. Sure enough it stood at 3.2. I liked the meter and will need to go to the doctors to get my strips changed over on prescription... Has anyone else got this meter if so what do you think of it?🙂

i always use to get the accu check monitors, but have recently switched to the onetouch ultraeasy which i must say is a very compact unit. i have never had onetouch before but i am very happy with this one 🙂

Im also an ultraeasy fan - embarrased to say i wanted it becasue its green!!

lol well i got the blue one as red wasnt available and i dont think the pink would have gone with many of my outfits!!!!

I use ultra. Did some testing on consistent readings and it performed well.

I guess I must just be thick!! I usually use the Optium Xceed and have had no real problem with it. Today I received the new Aviva Nano and cannot even set it up!!! It all seems far more complicated - will have to spend more time getting to know it!!

I guess I must just be thick!! I usually use the Optium Xceed and have had no real problem with it. Today I received the new Aviva Nano and cannot even set it up!!! It all seems far more complicated - will have to spend more time getting to know it!!

If you can cope with computers Pat you should sort it out. If you can't, phone their support line or go to your local pharmacist

Took me a while to change from the old circular dial telephones to modern WAP mobiles.

Looked for and found this link with a sort of video instruction for your meter.
May be of some help

http://www.accu-chek.co.uk/en_GB/multimedia/nano_demo/index.html

Any probs, PM me.

Last edited:
I received a new blood monitor today from Accu Check. The meter was the smallest I have seen and goes by the name of 'Aviva Nano'. Just as I unpacked the meter I felt the 'signs' of a hypo starting, so used my new meter to test my BG. Sure enough it stood at 3.2. I liked the meter and will need to go to the doctors to get my strips changed over on prescription... Has anyone else got this meter if so what do you think of it?🙂

What prompted them to send you a free meter? I rang accu chek the other week and they wouldn't send me one!

Hey! Everyone's getting free meters except me! Sulk...:(

Northerner, have you asked your diabetes nurse/ doctor? I can't imagine them saying no...

i used to have optium exceed and only changed because the one touch ultraeasy in green matches the pump im about to get!! purely aesthetic reasons! 🙂

I have a one touch, well I have three, one at home one at work and one in my bag. I am used to it. I did get a free meter from one of the sites to see what it was like . It's not a one touch ultra, but if any one can give it a good home they can have it.

What prompted them to send you a free meter? I rang accu chek the other week and they wouldn't send me one!

There was a link from a freebies site I belong to to a web site with a form to complete. My one touch ultra smart seemed to be playing up and this is a neat little replacement...

i always use to get the accu check monitors, but have recently switched to the onetouch ultraeasy which i must say is a very compact unit. i have never had onetouch before but i am very happy with this one 🙂

I use one touch ultra smart so this is new to me but I like it. The test strips seem twice the size of the one touch ones though.

Well, maybe I'm not as thick as I thought!! Once I'd read everything properly my Aviva Nano worked ok! It's the finger pricker I can't get to work now!!!

Hi Dave,

I use an Accu Chek Aviva. I haven't heard of the nano version of it. Sounds good. The model that I have is fantastic, it give me so much information in the shape of averages that it takes from the reading of the pst seven, fourteen and thirty days. An excellent piece of kit. Solid as too, just like my last accu chek monitor which lasted me agood eight years I think and was put through quite alot. I had to buy my new one but hey, fifteen quid well spent I think.

Tom H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back