My first Low glucose event

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJN123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays.
I bought a Libre for the holidays, as part of my ongoing quest to find out how I respond to various foods when away from my routine.
Christmas Eve we celebrated in usual Danish style - duck, gravy, pork roast, potatoes, red cabbage and a rice pudding with cherries, plus wines and liquors. I expected a huuuge spike, but instead my blood sugar was nice and stable all evening, never above 7. I guess the alcohol and fat balanced the sugars and carbs.

However, as I am not accustomed to such fatty foods, the whole thing came back up just before bedtime. And when I woke up the next morning, I had recorded two small glucose events overnight, around an hour after going to be a then again 2-3 hours after. Both around 3.2. I felt perfectly fine in the morning, and my heart rate was normal all night.

It’s been 6 months since I started monitoring and the first time this has happened. To my knowledge, I mainly need to worry about hyper, as I never have readings under 5. Although I only wear a Libre occasionally due to the cost, I can’t be sure. Need I worry/do anything, or should I just chalk it down to very unusual circumstance? Thank you.

Short night time lows reported on a cgm when you do not wake and feel fine in the morning are more likely to be "compression lows" - the sensor reports a false low when you apply pressure to it when you turn over into your arm.
Cgms are not perfect. If you are using one to understand how you react, it is important to understand their limitations such as compression lows, insertion trauma (some people find their sensors less accurate on the first day or two after insertion) and reactions to fast change.

Short night time lows reported on a cgm when you do not wake and feel fine in the morning are more likely to be "compression lows" - the sensor reports a false low when you apply pressure to it when you turn over into your arm.
Cgms are not perfect. If you are using one to understand how you react, it is important to understand their limitations such as compression lows, insertion trauma (some people find their sensors less accurate on the first day or two after insertion) and reactions to fast change.
Thank you, I hasn’t thought of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back