My first ever glucometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
2nurj20.jpg

I've been searching for it for months, but finally FINALLY found it. I'm not sure if its called something different over here (any ideas anyone?) but its definitely this meter.

I am now looking at finding one to buy, to add to my collection. My mum threw mine out years ago, and its something I'd like to have as a bit of history. And it would make an excellent blog post.

So, does anyone have any ideas on a) if it has a different name and b) if I can still get hold of one here? This one I imagine will read in mg/dL rather than mmol/L.

That looks vaguely familiar to me! I can recall that my first one was the size of a house brick. I believe it would have read in mmol/L as it's in the UK not in the yank part of the world.

Tom

That looks vaguely familiar to me! I can recall that my first one was the size of a house brick. I believe it would have read in mmol/L as it's in the UK not in the yank part of the world.

Tom

the reason i say about mg/dL is that the only ones I can find to buy are from america :/

I wonder if you could change the settings???

I wonder if you could change the settings???

I don't think so :S I think they're programmed that way :/

Even so, if there is no way whatsoever to change settings or get one from over here, it will do XD It'd just be nice to have a bit of my history yaknow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back