My feet have hardly touched the ground!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
I was diagonosed 6 weeks ago (type 2). I have seen my DSN twice, a dietitian, going to foot doc (can't spell chiropodist) tomorrow, just had a letter thru door inviting me to my retinal screening, on Thursday, someone called me yesterday and I am on a DESMOND course 5th Jan, could have gone next week but too short notice work wise, and my free prescription card also plopped on doormat this morning.! WOW! That's what I call service. Elaine x

Hello Elaine wellcome to the forum. Its goo to see you team are so on the ball.
gail

I hope it's not a blip! I haven't had this level of service with my other medical "problems" which, incidentally, have led to being diagonosed diabetic. I'm not generally a sceptical person but in my NHS trust as I am sure applies to lots, it's all targets which I suppose is for the good. My husband had a heart attack 3 years ago and again the service was fantastic. Just to go of the subject for the moment, is diabetis; a) a condition b) a disease or c) an illness? I have phoned a friend and used my 50/50 so now I am asking the very knowledgable audience! Elaine x

I always refer to it as a condition.

In my eyes (and I might be wrong about the actual definitions of these words!), a disease and illnesses can be caught. A condition can't be - well, diabetes certainly can't!

I always refer to it as a condition.

In my eyes (and I might be wrong about the actual definitions of these words!), a disease and illnesses can be caught. A condition can't be - well, diabetes certainly can't!

I thought that, but I heard or read somewhere it was a disease and I don't like the thought of that! And we're not ill, well not all the time!

I'm with everyone else, I call it a condition too. A disease is something you catch while Diabetes is something that catches you.

Hi Elaine welcome to the forum, i also refer to my diabetes as a condition..

Hi Elaine, great to hear that you are getting such good grounding for your diabetes care! 🙂 Long may it continue - sounds similar to heo I was treated after diagnosis and I think it really helps, shame it's not that good everywhere!

There's something about the word 'disease', isn't there? 'I've got a diseased pancreas' makes it sound like it's gone all rotten or something. I think, in conversation, I would say I have a condition rather than a disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back