My feet are turning blue again

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardsUsername

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Anyone familiar with Vasculitis?

The only treatment that has been mentioned so far by the consultant in diabetes is compression socks. Although I've read blood glucose also needs to be on target.

Apparently it's a complication of Rhumatoid Arthritis and the nervous system attacks your own blood vessels. The blood vessels can not then work properly and circulation becomes a problem with others I've listed below.

I'm guessing this may be more than one issue. I am waiting for an appointment with the Rhumatologists at hospital. I'm guesing it's going to be months.

Main symptoms:
-Both feet turn blue, deep purple, close to black, pale white, bright red etc
-Can also affect lower limb and hands
-Major swelling anytime of day or night
-Intense numbness
-Burning
-Pins and needles
-Poor circulation
-Excessive pressure when feet are lowered to ground
-Any stress put to the feet including walking escalates symptoms
-Walking becomes snail-pace needing frequent breaks
-Feet placed on ground while sitting turn a rapid blue and unsustainable for over a few minutes
-Feet need to be repeatedly submerged in cold water throughtout the day and everytime I wake up
-Feet need to be elevated throughout the day and night and while sleeping
-Putting socks or shoes on escalates symptoms
-Sleeping in bed is not now an option
-I think that's enough for now

Any comments, thoughts, advice?

Neuropathy has been ruled out. So has Vasculopathy. Bilateral pulses are good and sensations are intact.

Hi the first symptom is classic of my raynards symptoms and others of pheripheral neuropathy and how it affects me, I can’t keep my feet under covers or socks especially when temp changes, burning pain .Have you updated the dr as like you said could be complex mix of multiple issues

Hi the first symptom is classic of my raynards symptoms and others of pheripheral neuropathy and how it affects me, I can’t keep my feet under covers or socks especially when temp changes, burning pain .Have you updated the dr as like you said could be complex mix of multiple issues
Thank you. Yes they're updated. I'll take a look at Raynards. Neuropathy has been ruled out, but yes some of the symptoms are classic Neuropathy.

Thank you. Yes they're updated. I'll take a look at Raynards. Neuropathy has been ruled out, but yes some of the symptoms are classic Neuropathy.
When was neuropathy ruled out? Unfortunately this can change fairly quickly , raynards can be treated by certain bp meds if they don’t conflict with other meds.

When was neuropathy ruled out? Unfortunately this can change fairly quickly , raynards can be treated by certain bp meds if they don’t conflict with other meds.
A few weeks ago. Full sensory test.

when i did care work, we used to soak in fairly hot water , dry briskly . Then we applied warm olive oil. wrapped in cling film or foil them warm thick bed socks. We removed in morning washed and dried again applied cream and made sure thick socks on. Also walking every hour can help . Most do to go to the little room anyways. But even marching on the spots good.

when i did care work, we used to soak in fairly hot water , dry briskly . Then we applied warm olive oil. wrapped in cling film or foil them warm thick bed socks. We removed in morning washed and dried again applied cream and made sure thick socks on. Also walking every hour can help . Most do to go to the little room anyways. But even marching on the spots good.
Thanks. I used to soak my feet in hot water. Now that will send them a disturbing shade of deep purple.

yes but its starting the circulation . Blue is grey blue n cold purple is getting towards pinker. It doesn't disappear overnight . Although soaking them nay make them sore. Have you tried those foot circulation boosters. whatever id see my GP if I was concerned.

yes but its starting the circulation . Blue is grey blue n cold purple is getting towards pinker. It doesn't disappear overnight . Although soaking them nay make them sore. Have you tried those foot circulation boosters. whatever id see my GP if I was concerned.
I'm in the system. Although I agree. From what I've read about the condition you are advised not to soak them just wash daily.

I'm in the system. Although I agree. From what I've read about the condition you are advised not to soak them just wash daily
They must have changed that. As it was the soaking that got the circulation going. Things change as they learn more. Whatever it cannot be pleasant for you to have this. Hope you get improvement and it sounds like you have been advised so you know what to do.

They must have changed that. As it was the soaking that got the circulation going. Things change as they learn more. Whatever it cannot be pleasant for you to have this. Hope you get improvement and it sounds like you have been advised so you know what to do.
Yeah, I know soaking in warm water is a top tip for poor circulation. I'm just guessing that because one thing with this is blood vessells bursting the advice is a bit different and that's exactly what it looked like when my big toe went purple for the first time and looked like it was going to pop. Gotta be careful with this stuff. They're giving me grief right now, it never stops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back