• Community Members: Please be respectful of other peoples' opinions within our online community

My eyes!

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
And there’s me thinking the greengrocers' apostrophe was the preserve of greengrocers!

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Amazing!!

Gwynn

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Whats' wrong with that? Ha ha ha. The apostrophe i's well misunderstood' and people use them quite poorly'''. Love the picture. I wonder if anyone has pointed out the minor errors

Last edited:

Eddy Edson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
"Clutche's" is my favourite.

Gwynn

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I really liked Lewis as a series, and Frost.

Contused

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
RQ7zkNl.gif

C&E Guy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
That really is pathetic.

I got an email this morning from a senior manager asking staff to "join Andy and I on Friday". If Andy wasn't there, would you be asked to "join I on Friday"?

There are so many people on tv now who start a sentence with "Me and my partner", "Me and my husband", "Me and my girfriend" etc.

When did English stop getting taught in schools?

Gwynn

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I think its it's its' called evolution :)

We're doomed!

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I usually now say Me and my husband, since several decades My husband and I has sounded to me and others that I am putting on airs and graces which I haven't got. Comments like Hark at the Queen/Lady Muck tended to ensue ....

chaoticcar

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I usually now say Me and my husband, since several decades My husband and I has sounded to me and others that I am putting on airs and graces which I haven't got. Comments like Hark at the Queen/Lady Muck tended to ensue ....
Reminds me of a story about a man who invited a friend for a meal with his wife and family .The following day when they met the friend remarked on how lovely it was to hear the wife referred to as Darling and Love throughout the evening Aye he said I forgot her name about 2 years ago !
Carol

Chris Hobson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
"When did English stop getting taught in schools?"

I'm not sure that it ever was, certainly not in the comprehensive that I attended in the 1970s. I put my ability to write and punctuate properly down to the fact that I've always read a lot.

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
"When did English stop getting taught in schools?"

I'm not sure that it ever was, certainly not in the comprehensive that I attended in the 1970s. I put my ability to write and punctuate properly down to the fact that I've always read a lot.

English language and English literature in the 80's at mine

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
English language and English literature in the 80's at mine
Ditto in the 1960s at my Comp. Did both at O level and had I stayed on to A Level/Uni English would have been my choice of degree subject.

I did actually buy 'Eats Shoots and Leaves' when it was published but found it exceedingly boring and heavy weather but found the very subtle plagiarism et all of the Discworld much more fulfilling! Would have been terrific to have ever been able to have a conversation with Terry. What a brain. Brings the old adage of genius bordering on insanity into complete perspective.

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Ditto in the 1960s at my Comp. Did both at O level and had I stayed on to A Level/Uni English would have been my choice of degree subject.

I did actually buy 'Eats Shoots and Leaves' when it was published but found it exceedingly boring and heavy weather but found the very subtle plagiarism et all of the Discworld much more fulfilling! Would have been terrific to have ever been able to have a conversation with Terry. What a brain. Brings the old adage of genius bordering on insanity into complete perspective.

I have all the Discworld novels.
Terry Pratchett is still missed here.
I sarted out on all the Xanth books by Piers Anthony.

Last edited:

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Reminds me of a story about a man who invited a friend for a meal with his wife and family .The following day when they met the friend remarked on how lovely it was to hear the wife referred to as Darling and Love throughout the evening Aye he said I forgot her name about 2 years ago !
Carol
You should read 'The Man who thought his wife was a Hat' by Oliver Sacks