My erratic figures this week

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Until the last fortnight my average number during each 24 hour day is usuall around 6.5 - 7.2 but usually in the 6’s. These are them for the last seven days. Usually I have few hypos and don’t often go above 10. This week I’ve had some awful hypos and been as high as 18. as always accurate carb counting. What a week!
Saturday May 16th 8.8
Sunday 5.7
Monday 7.5
Tuesday 10.1
Wednesday 6.2
Thursday 11.8
Today 6.9

Sally71

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
We’ve been having a mare recently - high teens a lot of the time, corrections not working very well, not many lows but a lot of bouncing up and down, everything you don’t want. I have spent so much time fiddling about making adjustments and nothing seemed to be working, and I was starting to feel like I was banging my head against a wall! One day we had a nice normal reading at lunch time, only for her to shoot up to 19 by tea time o_O. Then discovered she had forgotten to bolus for her lunch. Went a bit mental at her, why am I driving myself crazy trying to get you stable if you aren’t going to bother doing your bit. Then had to apologise, she doesn’t forget very often and it was a genuine mistake. The next day she did everything correctly, I watched her bolus for her lunch, and she still shot up to 19 in the afternoon! Aaaagh, why bother!

So I was just beginning to think that we might have to grit our teeth and get some proper basal testing done, we both hate that, and try to avoid it as much as possible, but things were getting desperate! And then suddenly we've had a massive improvement; now sitting around 8-12 most of the time, still a little high but so much more stable, when she does go up it doesn’t go so far and overnight is normal range a lot of the time. I can only think that the last couple of changes I did were a bit more aggressive and finally cracked it (i tend to only make small adjustments, goes back to when she was little and the tiniest change could have quite a big effect, and I forget that now she's a teenager we can do bigger changes!), or maybe the weather has had something to do with it. But I’m going to let it ride for a few days now to give myself a breather, and then see if I can do something to knock it down the final bit.

I blame lockdown; we notice when daughter is off school that the longer she's off, the higher she goes, and we've now been off school longer than any summer holiday :( We usually manage to keep things slightly better controlled though! The point I'm trying to make, in my very roundabout way, is that I sympathise - it's annoying when the D won’t behave, isn’t it, and even more so when you can't see an obvious reason! Hope you can get it sorted!

Thebearcametoo

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
It has been quite warm which may be a factor too, especially at night. If that helps at all.

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Thank you everyone. The temperature in my house is always warm :) Things are starting to settle, still not great but definitely a lot better.
Sally I’m so sorry to about the problems you’re having with your daughter’s control. I hope it sorts out soon x

Thebearcametoo

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
@Sally71 Sally I missed the detail of your post before. If numbers are bouncing everywhere we tend to send the data to our DSN and get her to look at it. Most of the time I’m happy to play around with ratios and stuff but you can’t beat having someone with years of broad experience taking a look.