My DSN is nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ypauly

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Had my long awaited meeting today, and I feel much better. First I got my appointment woes off my chest🙂. She did put up a good defence though as she had, at the first appoint given me a mobile number, this fact had escaped me, probably due to the circumstances of the day and me not liking phones. Since getting home my wife has confirmed this and pointed out it was in my diary (yup the one I don't use) lol. The rest of the appointment stuff was crap though so we agreed to differ.

Anyway many questions answered and I have agreed to test again and email the results, In return she has supplied me with some better lancets.

My AB1AC WAS 12.8 at the start (last october) it is now 9.0 so a big improvement even though I havn't tested since xmas.

Good result I'd say, and I am much happier (even though I got a telling off):D

I look forward to my next visit. But first I need to organise an eye appointment at the opticians.

Did she not mention a retinal eye screening ? that was one of the first things i had , sounds promising though dont it im pleased as you sounded like up until today ypu had had no support at all

Yes we went through that eye screening, it isn't done at the hospital but a group of local trained opticians. I have just booked an appointment.

Forgot to add to my original post. A big THANK YOU to all of you for the greta advice.

Yes we went through that eye screening, it isn't done at the hospital but a group of local trained opticians. I have just booked an appointment.

Forgot to add to my original post. A big THANK YOU to all of you for the greta advice.

Ahh right i see, well good job on the hbA any reduction is better then a rise im pelased you got some better lancets as well, so was it your choice to not test since xmas and if so why ?
JUst being nosey.

I didn't test as I didn't know what to do with the imformation, so though why have the pain and sorenesss when there is no gain. I don't know how to adjust my insulin levels for what I eat so testing blood was pointless. We have talked at length today about this and I agreed to test agin and email the results so if any adjustment is required she can teach me as we go along.

I didn't test as I didn't know what to do with the imformation, so though why have the pain and sorenesss when there is no gain. I don't know how to adjust my insulin levels for what I eat so testing blood was pointless. We have talked at length today about this and I agreed to test agin and email the results so if any adjustment is required she can teach me as we go along.

Ah thats good r.e emailing the results means she can deal with you on a more personal basis and be there for you if they needs to be adjusments made x

Glad it went well, having a good relationship with your dsn is a real advantage. Sounds like you've got a good one there, sounds like it was a good two way meeting. When do you go back?
Well done on the a1c, going in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back