My BS level didn't budge pre-meal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carina1962

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I tested before my main meal this evening and it was 6.7. I then decided to wait another half an hour before eating and tested again hoping it would have gone down a bit further but it still remained at 6.7 - any ideas why?

The meters are not 100% accurate, so any change may have been taken up by the level of error.

In any event, I'd humbly suggest that this form of testing is not ideal. You are not gaining any useful information other than how innaccurate a meter can be.

However, did you do any exercise between the two readings? I find that a 30min brisk walk can drop me a couple of points (but that was from a higher reading as I usually don't exercise before meals).

Andy "I'll slap yer wrist!" HB 🙂

I tested before my main meal this evening and it was 6.7. I then decided to wait another half an hour before eating and tested again hoping it would have gone down a bit further but it still remained at 6.7 - any ideas why?
Hi Carina,

When and what had you eaten prior to that 6.7 reading? If it isn't that that caused you to be at 6.7 then maybe it could be your background level is rising?

Best wishes - John

"The meters are not 100% accurate, so any change may have been taken up by the level of error.

In any event, I'd humbly suggest that this form of testing is not ideal. You are not gaining any useful information other than how innaccurate a meter can be."

andy , yes its true the meters are not 100% accurate i note my post when i tested one morning to a 2.4 or something extremely low and re tested.... in fact it was 7.2 ...😱 and i thought i was going to get away with some lemon curd on my toast 🙄

however i beg to differ with your comment that its not idea to test in this way i have done that same test ...tested premeal 6.7 and thought id wait to eat but in my case i dropped from 6.7 to 5.6 in 45 minutes ...

i did a 2nd test so close, only because i started to feel very strange ...sicky and weak and i wondered what was going on i was shocked to see my levels had dropped so much...i am going to discuss it with my DSN as this is what happens to me when i start to feel hungrey i feel sick and faint ....so in my case i have learnt something !

carina is trying to learn something from her test by posting the question here.

however i beg to differ with your comment that its not idea to test in this way i have done that same test ...tested premeal 6.7 and thought id wait to eat but in my case i dropped from 6.7 to 5.6 in 45 minutes ...

Maybe, we'll just have to agree to disagree? 🙂

However, Carina didn't mention anything about feeling weak.

In your case, I can see that it may have been useful to test again. In Carina's I cannot, given the information provided.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back