My breakfast experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazscot

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I had asked questions on a prev thread re testing and was told to keep you updated so here it is!!!

Fasting 1 hour 2 hour
5.2 8.1 6.7 Oats so simple golden syrip
6.1 7.4 6.2 50g Shredded Wheat Honey and Oat
5.3 7.9 5.9 Special K
5.7 7.4 5.7 50g Oaty Bix bite size
5.2 6.8 6.4 50g Shredded Wheat Honey and Oat

So my fave, the oats so simple golden syrip makes me rise 2.9 mmol in 1 hour and I came down 1.4 after the 2 hour so was still a bit higher than my fasting. But I think being 8.1 an hour after eating is still a good result, isnt it?

The one I am really surprised at is the Special K, it rose my bs by 2.6 in 1 hour but then it dropped by 2.0 to almost back at fasting levels by 2 hours. I was surprised it rose my bs so quickly considering it is not as sweet as some of the others :confused:.

Anyway going by these results I think I am safe to eat any of my breakfast cerials :D

Those are great results. Congrats and enjoy your breakfasts (whichever you choose!) 🙂

Hi CZ congrats very good results i think its safe to say the experiment has worked and certainly showed you whats good for your BS levels, i have to admit i had to stop eating oat so simple golden syrup as my blood sugars were shooting up within 2 hours.I wish i could settle on a cereal for brekkie but nothing seems to work for me.

Great results and thank you for posting them. It gives us something to work with too.

Hi Caz, great results, its nice to find things that suit you, as Steffie has shown what suits one is no good for someone else.

I have for my breakfast every morning oatmeal, its expensive because it is imported from the USA and not available in the shops over here, it is:-

Ocean Spray Oatmeal with Cranberries
Ocean Spray Oatmeal with Cranberries and Pomegranite
Ocean Spray Oatmeal with Cranberries and Honey Multigrain
Also Cinnamon and Spice Flavour

My fasting levels are always in the 8 range
Four hours after breakfast they are down to between 4 and 5

Best wishes
John.

Well done Cazscot on doing the experiment. I did similar with lunch and found out I had been eating way too much potato - half a spud is my limit and baked beans are a no no for me. I did find however that brown and basmati rice, I seem to be absolutely fab with.
Its all in the testing!

John, I am fascinated by the oatmeal, the drop in bs seems really good...you may have to tell us where you order from!! Can I ask what does it taste like? Is it like porridge?

Hi Lucy.

Yes the oatmeal is just like porridge, it comes in a box containing 8 x 40gram packets, just empty the packet into a dish/bowl and pour half a cup of boiling water onto it and mix and eat 🙂

I don't think we are allowed to put up URLs advertising products, but anyone interested, just pm me and I will let you know where I buy it from.

John.

I think it's ok john, as long as you don't own the company? 😉

Yes - good numbers those Carol for eating cereals.

Certainly, much better than mine because all of those cereals used to take me into double figures. That's why I stopped eating them!

Best wishes - John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back