My bad day out cost me a lot.

Nayshiftin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
I decided to throw in the towel and just eat all what my family had.
The blood finger test was 6.8 yesterday morning. Not the best but better than it had been.
So yesterday I had coffee and toast for breakfast
Then we had lunch which was sandwiches of seeded bread and I had chicken and stuffing on my round
then we had crisps and coffee,
later we had chocolate and I ate a few pretzels from my daughter too.
Then we had cheese scones in the afternoon.
Then for dinner, I had sweet and sour chicken prawn crackers some rice, and noodles with beansprouts.
I am only on once-a-day blood sugars.
I expected it to be up this morning but not still 18.8.
Oh dear
I went out and did get the slugs in and dig out weeds even in the rain. gets more slugs and I did get at least a hundred there will be many more I miss.They breed worse than rabbits.Oh for a hard frost to kill them but we did have that
Anyway on return its down to 12.8 so I am going the right way but was it worth one day to see the damage.
new diet starts 5 th September and once daughter left I was going to be good but hey if I wait until then.
I would have expected it to be 18.8 last night and I did wash my hands etc this morning and it was the same or well that was the best of three this morning. Oh dear,Just goes to show.

How are you managing with your food/menu today @Nayshiftin?

How are you managing with your food/menu today @Nayshiftin?
Not very good . Started with Yoghurt n Berries . Then lunch was Quiche n Salad and a fool so not wonderful. Last reading was over 13 . So a long way to go .

@Nayshiftin you need ducks - they love slugs, and then you can eat the eggs and the ducks.
If it was me - I'd have had eggs or meat or fish for breakfast, used crispy lettuce rather than bread to round up the chicken and stuffing, skip the crisps, chocolate would be high cocoa, pretzels might not have got a look in, I can make low carb scones, crackers, rice and noodles would be severely pruned and sweet and sour sauce avoided. It is not about denial with sackcloth and ashes, more sidestepping the problems some foods bring with them.
I can eat a high carb food once in a while and it seems to have no bad effects these days, but a whole day of high carb foods has never seemed worth it, to be frank.

@Nayshiftin you need ducks - they love slugs, and then you can eat the eggs and the ducks.
If it was me - I'd have had eggs or meat or fish for breakfast, used crispy lettuce rather than bread to round up the chicken and stuffing, skip the crisps, chocolate would be high cocoa, pretzels might not have got a look in, I can make low carb scones, crackers, rice and noodles would be severely pruned and sweet and sour sauce avoided. It is not about denial with sackcloth and ashes, more sidestepping the problems some foods bring with them.
I can eat a high carb food once in a while and it seems to have no bad effects these days, but a whole day of high carb foods has never seemed worth it, to be frank.
No room for ducks here. The ones here fly overhead they are well fed on the farm and other small holdings. Would be cruel to keep my own in a but and ben with a postage stamp garden. I am poor.
Yes, if I had chosen low carb . As it is I did low carb yesterday and blood sugars have come down to 13 so I will keep being good and hope it comes down more.
If I thought I would never fall off the wagon like you I would not worry but it is an awful diet for life to me doing without all that is really tasty. We die anyways.
They took me off meds to for the soup diet however it does not start until you get their appointment. Thats 5 September so I just have to do my best until then.
I did well the 12 weeks on the Diabetes UK but that was not easy and costs. Plus hubby thought too expensive and he gained weight. He was eating it with carbs as not diabetic and not requiring a diet.
To be honest now they take diet away life is not worth much. Especially with arthritis you just keep pushing the pain all the time. I was very low on the Empaglioflozin. So will try the shakes but even when thin i think my sugars will fluctuate.
We had a day at home more or less yesterday. That I believe changes more than move about all day.
I still maintain more movement causes more inflammation raises blood sugars as well as diet.

@Nayshiftin I find the low carb way of eating far tastier than what I used to eat following the GPs high carb 'healthy' diet.
I use herbs and spices, fruit flavours and other things used for baking in everyday foods - I was rather spoilt when working for Allied Lyons in the pilot plant, as the requirement for the development work was a few ounces but the ingredients were delivered by the pound.
Blood glucose will always fluctuate, and pushing it up with a carby day is not a permanent alteration, as you are seeing - but we can only try our best, whatever the challenge.
I hope that once it comes that the new scheme will benefit you once we get to September.

Back