My appointment came

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutterby

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've now got my appointment for the eye department. It's on the 10th Nov. Doesn't actually say what's going to happen at the appt, just that I will have drops put in so I don't know whether they will do the laser treatment on that day or not. I tried to get an appt to see my GP to ask him a bit more but would you believe he's fully booked. Feel fed up about that as think I'd have felt better for a chat. I'm stil very upset about my recent diagnosis of maculopathy and needing treatment. I keep crying and am incredibly tired. I'm already on anti-depressants but I am just struggling at the moment. I suppose I thought I was doing well - 32 years with no complications - and now suddenly it's getting it's own back.

hi flutter firstly good luck for the 10 Nov hope all that goes well,I'm sorry to hear things are tough at the minute i cant believe you cant get an appointment is they no locum doc in then when your GP is fully booked? I can totally sympathoise with you r.e the tiredness and crying its all part and parcel of the depression I guess ,if ever you need to have a chat with some one else who is prone to bouts of depression PM me anyime
Steff xxxx

I wonder if it's possible for you to speak to someone at the eye department as they should know more about what to expect than your GP. Do you have someone to go with you to the appointment to give you some support?

I don't know if it helps but you aren't the only one who seems to be struggling at the moment, I have noticed quite a few of us on here are finding things hard at the moment, including myself. I hope that things will start to look up for you after havign your treatment.

I wonder if there is a psychologist attatched to your clinic, it might be helpful to talk things through with someone who has an understanding of how complications affect people.

I could get an appt with another doctor but my usual GP is fully booked and he actually works with the diabetes consultant so would know a lot more than the other docs. I think I may go and have another chat with the receptionist and ask whether they could ring me if there are any cancellations.

Thank you both for your support and lets hope things get better for all of us who are struggling very soon. I'm really glad I found this forum as people do genuinely understand what it's like on here.

Fingers crosed when you go back to receptionist hun , I think the main thing about this forum is everyone goes through the same feelings and we are experts at helping each other out as one thing links us all diabetes x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back